1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Steering not in center after wheel alignment. What next?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by PaddleShifter, May 6, 2012.

1. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    All three things can be done at Tass .....
    ask your regular SA to do this things he will help you in this matter
    or else try Wheel alignment from any other place

Same thing happen with me with my new set og yoko 0db
    we swaped tyres from another Punto and it worked fine
    so after some arguments with tire shop i managed to replace all 4 tires and then it worked fine
    after one year or so when i visited his shop again he told me that some specific batch of tire was having this problem that time and after replacement only this problem solved
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi ganesh, as suggested by Aniket try with checking the alignment first. Try to do from some other place other than TASS. I believe that should solve your issue.
    1 person likes this.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Ganesh, camber is out on both left and right front side. First of all try the method decribed above if that doesn't work replace each suspension part(elastic pad or strut itself) oneby one to see what is causing this.
    Get the alignment done from expert shop in alignment, Steering should always be in center.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. ganesh.g1982

ganesh.g1982 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From all the replies, I believe checking alignment from an outside shop is the best action to start with. But before reading the replies, I have took an appointment with a new Fiat Service center near my place for LH pulling issue and a break noise issue. They have asked me to come to SC on Wednesday to check both. This is new service center, called Mohandas authorized for FIAT. I had bad experience today by going to my present TATA SC to show the LH pulling and break noise issue. Their contract with FIAT is going to be completed by MAR 2013. To replace the break disc, they dont have part and I understood their non interest in serving FIAT, they have only excuses for everything.. Alignment machine not working, laborers are less, will be late in delivery, Part not available, order will take time, as such it goes .... :(

Pls provide your inputs which will help me not to go into more troubles with LH pulling issue through TATA guys.

Thanks all, Wish you all a Merry X'MAS.
  5. ganesh.g1982

ganesh.g1982 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Friends, The LH pulling issue is resolved.

Today evening I was on the way to my friend's home, I found most of the shops remain closed due to Christmas holidays. Meantime I saw one MRF tyre showroom named "Ambady Tyres", Panavila Jn, Trivadrum. I stopped there and asked whether they can help me in fixing the issue and they told me that they will try their best. They started by removing all the wheels, balanced each and fixed everything back and they adjusted the pressure to 33 on front and 32 on rear as it was high. They have then taken the car to the alignment bay. After their initial finding, they told the toe in values are all out of the ranges and confirmed me that the issue will be resolved making it in the proper range. They took 10-15 minutes roughly and asked me to take a test drive. Amazing, the issue is gone. Steering stood steady exactly on center, no more movements to the left side when I take the hand out from the steering. I came back to the shop and asked what would be the actual reason of the issue I faced. They said either the machine at the previous shop may have errors, or it may be man error by not adjusting the values correctly.

My assumption may be wrong, but I think when comparing the two reports I have with me now, the issue may be with the software of the alignment machine. Earlier in the alignment report, the model they had only was "Fiat Punto 2005-1.3" and today in this shop it is an another software and they have one option named "Fiat Punto 2010(Customised)". In 2005, we did not have Punto in India and how did they get it in their software. Hence I suspect it may not help our Punto for the correct alignment. Please share your thoughts also.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
    Ganesh