1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Steering Noise

Discussion in 'Technical' started by varin11, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    how about rear suspension waranty ?
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Whole suspension warranty is upto 35K kms. its clearly mentioned in the extended warranty booklet.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thanks for letting know,this have opened my eyes and came to know why the TASS was always suspecting that the sound is from rear brakes.:irked
    then i have to get resolved my rear suspension sound before the warranty expires,i'm done with 32K Kms.
  4. Thanks. Mangesh said the same thing. Will take the car to Pandit Auto this weekend. I have been assured that it will be resolved under warranty.
  5. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    MY Punto 75 MJD steering makes some vibrating noise when moving on rough patches on road. No sound on smooth roads though. What could the problem be? Steering rack/suspension/tie rods/bushes?
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Not to worry it will be done in W.My original elastic pads lasted me for almost 44000 Kms before I got them replaced under Warranty around at 44000 Kms.But the changed one again started behaving weird so got the newly designed EP fitted (bought from Kava motors for Rs. 2600 a set) around 62000 kms.
  7. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

Hi All,

My Punto done 46000 KMS and 2.25 yrs old now. I am facing the similar issue "some grinding noise when the steering is turned either ways; mainly in stand still position." TAS is saying elastic pads need to be replaced but its not covered in warranty.
    Please suggest clear picture on this whether its covered in warranty or not?
    and whether i should go for some newly designed pads from some kava mentioned in the thread.
  8. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    I'm in a similar boat. Car has done 38,600 km and TASS is saying that they will not honor warranty fr the elastic pads. I've sent a mail to FIAT stating that this should be treated as a manufacturing defect but I'm not sure if they will replace the part.

Vari11, how did you change the pads since they were out of warranty ? Did you have to deal with FIAT or TASS changed it for you ?
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Every TASS has its own understanding of the warranty (not extended warranty) terms.Many of them are refusing suspension warranty (not extended warranty) claims over 35000 Kms while car is still running within 2 years normal warranty period .Most manufacturers refuse suspension warranty in most of the cases (forget Ex W ) except Fiat as in my case they changed my rack under extended warranty after 3 years (58000 kms) when most of the manufacturers would deny terming it a part of suspension.

When I got the Pads changed under warranty ( in Oct 2010 , 43600 Kms)may be the TASS understood it as "unlimited Kms" warranty.Why dont u try other TASS in ur area and try to persuade them regarding the "unlimited Kms" part also covering suspension.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

I tried with 4 TASS in delhi. Every body is saying its covered till 35000 Kms. :(