1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Steering mounted controls with a different head unit

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by jishnu, Aug 24, 2011.

1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks mod! :)
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hi Jishnu, yes its steering remote interface control SRC from PAC audio which is major player in US market. however one person for it from the US and it dint work for the SX4.
    it was not able to program it.

there are specific ones for punto on ebay UK site. this coupled with the patch lead which is Head unit model dependent say alpine, kenwood etc has to be attached to SRC and it works.
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Oh thanks Italia-Linea! :) I saw it for the SX4, but it wasn't mentioned that it worked or not!! I spoke to Mr Anwar, He said it's possible to add it for the other HU..Cost will be 3500INR...
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  6. Italia-Linea

Pune
    see the interface module is same. its common module with different patch leads.
    so if you buy a kenwood hu it will have different patch lead. similarly alpine will have diff etc etc.

this interface has to be programmed as per the user manual by clicking buttons etc etc.

i would suggest you buy online from uk websites. they have tons of them for fiat punto.

also 3500inr is nice price if he is damn sure that all those buttons there will work.

Regards,
    Amit
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    He said that he has done it for many other fiats too! Now i've sell my OEM hu!!
  8. Italia-Linea

Pune
    yes easiest way to get good sound quality is changing the HU. i would suggest kenwood x994 or 7016BT with time alignment and blue and me. so that u dont miss blue and me
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
  10. Italia-Linea

Pune