1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Steering Feedback 90hp

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Varun Sharma, Feb 18, 2016.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
  2. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Balu Chandra S . Do not tamper too much if there is a slight left pull. Even if you are trying to get it fixed stick to FASS. Most alignment centres do not have correct readings for FIATs and will mostly screw up this further. Ignore unless the pull issue is too much where it may be dangerous to drive. I have re occuring left/right pull and mostly it is due to one of the tires and depending on which side it is the car pulls that way. Even with that particular tire in the boot there is a slight pull to left. I have learned to live with it and have not tampered even once with the set up. Unless and until its really creating an issue ignore it. For me there is no issue until I really have to leave the steering. Even then it travels straight for a good 200-300 meters before its starts pulling slightly to the left.
    Balu Chandra S likes this.
  3. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I wanted to post this for a long time since many complain about the left pull & sorts.

On a FWD with sensitive hydraulic steering the car will naturally pull oneway/ or the other since the driving wheel is also the steering wheel - when you don't hold it you're giving it free movement & due to whatever weight imbalances/ tyre/ road surface etc the car will pull.

But if your steering wheel vibrates & feels like there's a play in the wheel & feels unstable on a fairly smooth highway then you need to get your steering rack checked.
  4. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Well, HPS does provide good feedback to me in my new Linea MJD but it doesnt shake on broken roads. It stays pretty firm.
  5. AnanthaPrakash

AnanthaPrakash Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    even when i take my punto beyond 120 i am able to feel some mild vibrations (clockwise-anticlockwise movement) in steering. Not sure whether its communicating the road pattern
  6. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In my case if it was after 120, I should have ignored that as I won't go beyond 110 usually. I am getting this issue just after crossing 80 kmph. I have done the wheel balancing and alignment also, but still not resolved. I am really worried as I can't enjoy the smoothness of Punto after 80(which it is well known for). Even my suspension add to that. It is bumby as everyone here already commented of post 2012 model suspension setup. Also someone in Trivandrum, please suggest a good mechanic who is expert and experienced in Fiat cars.