1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Steering Feedback 90hp

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Varun Sharma, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Varun Sharma

Varun Sharma Timido

Gurgaon
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Fellow Fiat Owners,

I have a concern about the streering feedback in my Punto Evo 90hp.. unlike a EPS it tells everything thats happening on road right to your hands.. shakes a lot on a broken road.. it is something normal for a hydraulic steering or am i experiencing something different?

I have done almost 25k on odo and have got alignment done once that too the person told was not required as it was'nt out.. I will try and post a video..

I drive 70 kms on an average everyday and mostly ride solo on almost every kind of road..Highway(NH8) City..and sometimes no roads..

Request your opinion. Also, if anything i can do on my own to fix the situation.

Thanks in advance
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
  3. Raj_Hari

Raj_Hari Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Its normal Varun, i did experience the same especially when i was on ghat section.
  4. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Well this is what is exactly desirable from a Steering wheel! to tell you how the road is & what the front wheels are doing.
    rajks likes this.
  5. driveit

driveit Amatore

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Varun that's true. HPS will tell everything happening on the road (this is the comment from FIAT technician), so even a small issue will get the driver's attention immediately unlike other EPS.

But it's all normal... Happy driving.
  6. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    What i don't understand is if HPS is so well established technology and good for the driver, why are all major automakers going the EPS route?.

I personally hate the EPS , its too dull.

will fiat retain the HPS in future models?
  7. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Companies moved to EPS so that they don't sacrifice the small amount of power required by the engine to run the HPS. EPS runs off the Battery.
    Murphy_Fiat and gpunto75 like this.
  8. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My Punto is pulling to left side of the road some times if I didn't hold the steering wheel. This happens only in roads which have a slight curvy nature(not sure of this). And some times it will go straight even if I didn't hold the steering wheel. Is this behaviour usual for HPS. PS: I have checked and corrected the alignment also.
  9. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    To add on, I am also feeling good amount of vibrations in Steering wheel if speed exceeds 80km/hr
  10. Varun Sharma

Varun Sharma Timido

Gurgaon
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks guys for the info !
    First Experience with HPS :)

@Balu Chandra S - I experience the same and have understood that it is due to the nature of the road plus precise reaction by the steering wheel however, i do not experience any vibrations over high speeds.. In fact I feel more confident at high speeds.