1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Startup problems

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Rituraj, Oct 29, 2012.

1. kc61279

kc61279

MUMBAI
    It's the MJD
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi @kc61279,

Your signatures is updated as 1.4 which is for Petrol Linea.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  3. kc61279

kc61279

MUMBAI
    sorry for that it's the 1.3 MJD
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No Worries because I replied to you earlier thinking you had a 1.4, anyway my guess is on the RPM Sensor, it will not show an error on Examiner even if it's not working properly.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Have you observing this issue when AC is ON?

Also check the battery life or manufacturing date with the cells. Weaker cells of battery gives such type of trouble all the time.

Are you facing any cold start issue too? I guess not. Please get a battery checkup from the authorized battery service center new your locality.
  6. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    @OP - Please have a look at this thread:
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-issues-questions/8249-startup-problems.html
    Your problem sounds exactly like the one I had. The car would suddenly refuse to start at the most inopportune moment. I took the car to the service center numerous times and not even once did it appear while it was there. What I can tell you is that this problem goes from bad to worse if not addressed to right away. It became so bad for me that often (not always) the car would not start even in 15-16 attempts.

Those idiots at TASS carried out many experiments and made me even change the fuel pump (the one near the fuel tank). It took them 11 months to solve the issue. The culprit in my case turned out to be a small T-shaped sensor/relay located somewhere towards the front of the engine. Wish I could give a more technical explanation but this is all that I have for an answer.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  7. kc61279

kc61279

MUMBAI
    Thanks for the reply friends...got an appointment fixed with the service centre...keeping my fingers crossed.
  8. B40

B40 Timido

Kannur,Kerala.
    Cannanore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    For past 6 months....i been having starting trouble. It cranks beautifully in cold start. But when i run my car for 10km odd...the engine refuses to crank...did my 3rd service last december..The service centre guys told me there was mistake in shielder coil in self starter,replaced same. But in vain. Finally waited for a month and got my self starter replaced in extended warranty. Ran like a horse for a week. And then the trouble started once again.... loosing confidence to drive guys/PLEASE HELP.
  9. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    Today i faced issue in starting my 1.2 pertrol.car was parked in a remote place near in Bangalore when i came back to start ,was not responding.No crank and no response from engine.Tried 3-4 times continuously but there was no response at all. Speedo meter console lighten up and there was no warning signal.I just gone outside and opened the bonnet and confused what to do :( went inside the car by keeping the bonnet open and tried starting and it worked.Please advice what Could be the reason.Is it time to change the Battery ?

Mine is 3.5 years old 1.2 petrol Punto and 35k on ODO.