1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Startup problems

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Rituraj, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Worse news - today the car started on the 12th attempt. After the 3rd free servicing, the issue had vanished for a few days, but now it is back with a vengeance. During the service, the starter motor was checked, the alternator was checked and the battery was checked too. Since the fuel filter air filter etc. are all new, I wonder why this startup problem persists. There is no point complaining to Fiat as the matter would only be referred back to the TASS, which is anyways clueless. :confused
  2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    An update on the issue. The TASS has finally found the culprit for the startup issues that I have been facing - the fuel pump. It has literally taken them months to finally arrive at this conclusion. Apparently, as always, the fuel pump is out of stock. They wanted to fit a Vista fuel pump on my car but I sternly refused. They claim to have placed an order for the fuel pump long back but aren't willing to share the order number. According to them, it will take another 10-15 days. :A

Now, if I raise a complaint with Fiat India, would they send across one without the service center actually placing an order?
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ rituraj

Car has 2 fuel pumps. One is low pressure fuel pump inside of fuel tank.
    Another one is High Pressure Fuel Pump / CRi ( Common Rail pump).

As car having starting problem + injector error mentioned by you on first page of topic, I advise you to get replacement of complete fuel supply system.
    I mean CRi pump+ 4 injectors+Common Rail fuel tube.
    Coz to get best performance, replacement of complete set of fuel supply system is always fruitful.

ASS may misguide you by replacing any single part i.e. fuel pump only or a single injector.
    So insist for replacement of complete fuel supply system in warrantee.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  4. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Guys, can someone provide me email ids of Fiat India officials, to whom I can escalate the delay on the part of the dealership to source the fuel pump? I have already posted a complaint to SERVICE.INDIA@fiat.com with a copy to mangesh.kodalkar@fiat.com. Any other ids?

I am waiting for a simple fuel pump for months now and those idiots at TASS say - "Fiat parts take time to arrive, there's nothing we can do"
    :mad:
  5. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Okay, here's an update to the startup issue. After 11 months of torture and many experiments, including change of fuel pump (the one near the fuel tank), the fault turned out to be a small relay/sensor (whatever) located near the engine. The relay was temporarily swapped from a vista quadrajet and the issue vanished (atleast for now). It's been a week now and so far so good. But the bad part happened when I asked for a new relay, the service center asked me to keep the one swapped from the vista. The vista owner is really going to suffer if my faulty relay/sensor remains on his car. But then what else can you expect from such idiots?
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Really bummed to see you go through this. Atleast a resolution of the issue has been found.

Have you recieved any reply from Mangesh?
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @Rituraj - while I empathize with your situation, I cannot help but wonder, why is problem solving with FASS always a trail & error? Is the training lacking or is the technology too complex?

Hope you find a permanent resolution to your issue, rather than having to make do with a part donated by another unsuspecting customer.

Rajan
  8. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Yes, I did. He asked Umashankar Panda, who looks after the eastern region, to coordinate regarding my issue. Mr. Panda, in turn, asked Abhishek Motors, Guwahati (the only Fiat authorized dealership in the N.E) to help resolve my issue. This didn't work out as Abhishek motors refused to send their technicians to my location and I wasn't comfortable with driving down 320kms+, given that the car had become totally unreliable to take on a longer drive.

This is TASS that we are talking about. I did insist on the dealership ordering a new part after it was confirmed that it was that relay/sensor that was at fault. The relay/sensor from the vista was just put just for testing purposes. However, when I went to return the same the dealership asked me to keep it. Nevertheless, I have asked them to get me a new one before they stop attending to Fiat cars w.e.f Sept.30.
  9. kc61279

kc61279

MUMBAI
    Starting Problem

I wonder if this is a peculiar problem to my car.
    I own a Fiat Linea Emotion PK 2010. Ive done 85000 Kms on the car with regular service.
    I am facing this strange problem where my car refuses to start after a long run at a stretch after 100 Kms. The battery seems perfect already checked. The startes carbon was cleant a month ago. The service centre guys can't figure out the problem as it does not occur regularly. Somebody please suggest me a solution
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is this FIRE or MJD?