1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Starting troubles!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by vineet_k21, Dec 26, 2012.

1. vineet_k21

vineet_k21 Novizio

Pune
    Today morning, when I was to start my Linea, am not able to do so...the messages displayed are Airbag failure, EBD failure and ABS failure. My first hunch is issue with battery. Pune Pandit Auto service guy (Mahaveer) also asked to replace the battery. Since he's not even seen the car or didn't ask me any other questions, I thought of posting this on the forum.

Any suggestions or solutions from fellow members?

Thanks
    Vineet.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How old is your battery?
    Get it checked, most probably battery will be culprit.
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Yea battery seems to be culprit here.Go for a new battery or go to a battery wala they have this scanner.He will tell you if your battery has adequate starting power or not!
  4. vineet_k21

vineet_k21 Novizio

Pune
    Thanks. Battery is now 3 years old (Sep '09 vehicle).
    Will check with a battery wala.

- - - Merged Post - - -

But isn't there any other indicator (e.g. in my santro, the battery light remains on if there's any issue with battery).
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Vineet,

There's no indicator in Linea and punto i guess.The signs are what you stated! I was getting "Airbag failure check handbook" while startup.I changed the battery and now the error vanished into thin air :-D
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Alongwith Battery, also get the AC Relay Fuse checked.

For more details look at Page no. 46-47 and thereafter Page No. 81-82 in this thread ---> http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-4-fire/25-fiat-linea-1-4-fire-emotion-pack-47.html
    1 person likes this.
  7. vineet_k21

vineet_k21 Novizio

Pune
    Thanks Amit for pointing to that thread. Some of the symptoms looked familiar to what I saw today in my Linea. The battery vendor is visiting today evening so will know about the battery as well.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    If yours is 2010 model, there are quite high chances that battery is gone. But first re verify whether all relays are working properly.

Meet Anand or Rahul at pandit tilak road and ask them specifically about relays.
  9. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    Battery should be culprit.. in case if u need to change battery than go for bit bigger battery.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The standard one is perfectly fine.