1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Starting Troubles

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by arishi, Oct 14, 2014.

1. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Hey my issue got solved. It was the problem with one of the relay. When I explained my problem, mechanic Ayub from continental automobiles instantly said its the problem with the relay. He interchanged the relays & car is perfect now!
  2. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    WOW, where is continental automobiles ? is it a Fiat A$$ ?
  3. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Great Kailas. Good to note that there are people who can diagnose problem and give a solution. Can you tell in detail how it occurred and the root cause?
  4. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    @OP: If everything is ok with the starter motor and the alternator, get the relays checked. This problem had wreaked havoc on my car for a whole year. The culprit turned out to be a faulty relay.
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  5. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    I had a problem with my high beam last month. To fix it, I went to a local mechanic. Seems like he messed up with the placement of relays.
  6. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Hi ,

I am facing this peculiar starting problem in my Punto . The car starts in 1 go sometimes and sometimes it takes 2-3 cranks . The battery has been replaced a month back , starter motor is good according to FASS . So what could be causing this ?

PS : Punto has covered 1 lac kms , 4 years old
  7. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ranconteur, please see the previous posts in this thread, it might be a problem due to the relay as well.
    ranconteur likes this.
  8. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Can you guys provide me the email address of Mangesh Kodlkar , I am not able to send an email to the email address I have i.e "Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com" .
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Replace fiapl with fiat.

But sending emails to higher ups for small issues might be not be much of use. I suggest try other service center in your area and get it checked properly.
  10. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

I am facing the same issue and my punto is 5 yrs old (71K done). Suudenly i park my car and when i come back it does not start, I give it a break of about 30 mins or so and it starts well. I took it to FASS but they are saying cant advice until and unless it happens in front of them. However i am being advised by a technician there to get the solonoid switch replaced in starter motor.
    Guys can you put some more details of the relay fault here? which relay need to be checked?