1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Starting trouble with 1.3 MultiJet(After fair time of running)

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Ajith, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Ajith

"this is certainly starter motor problem.I have similar problem with my MJD Linea. Changed Battery checked alternater,checked voltage so many times its ok.
    Problem is that car start without hassle when engine is cool but it wont when it becomes hot. Problem in my car has stopped since last 1 month as temp has dropped.it gave me lot of trouble in summer"

It sounds almost similar.. Now in monsoon there is no issue. But issue occurs when the temperature rises.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Sounds similar.. Issue occurs when temperature rises.. Now in Monsoon we don't find this issue for the last 20 days. Waiting for the next time and FIAT Service ppl offered a complete detail check.. Hope the issue resolve that time..
  2. dnyaneshdivekar

dnyaneshdivekar Timido

If the starter motor is spinning normally but not engaging with the engine then it will be one of two things. The solenoid isnt pushing the bendix out so the solenoid is faulty. The other worst scenario is some teeth have sheared of the flywheel and so the bendix is engaging nothing. If it's the solenoid you need a replacement starter motor, missing teeth on the flywheel is best not thought about.putting the car in gear and pushing it back a little will move the flywheel around to a different position where the teeth might be ok.
  3. moksh

moksh Regolare

Linea 1.3
    The Same problem was with me Tata Indigo Diesel......Engine works when its cool down ....After certain kms it took load and need to accelerate more than required and even if you accelerate more it take so much load and goes off. Even Tata service center could not find the problem. If i want to work the car even when the engine is hot than i need to push the car and start. After Certain months the coolant started boling and came out everytime. And last i sell the car due to problems. It was a 5 year old. more than 50000 km+
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  4. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    One of my friend's punto had a similar problem. After many attempts, the problem was resolved only after changing the entire starter motor kit.