1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Starting Trouble in Linea Petrol

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sandeep_p, May 29, 2015.

1. sandeep_p

sandeep_p Timido

Mumbai
    Recently I started noticing issue is starting the my car again after running for few KMs. The car starts on first crank when it is cold but after running the car for few KMs, it will not start even after few cranking. I have to wait for at least 10 minutes before the car starts again. All other stuff in the car (lights, ACs, Horn) are working fine and hence I really do not suspect battery issues. What else could be checked here?

Regards

Sandeep
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do check if the Coils are working find, Second check if the Spark Plug cables are good.
    Suggest if your cars done 45,000 kms+ change the Spark plug with cables.
  3. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    It is the battery going weak. Do get the battery Load Tested(which checks the battery for the cranking power and just not the voltage). if it is 3+ years, it is on the way out.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    yap.. most prob its battery.
  5. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    You could be right. Battery should not be the problem, if it was then you should have faced problems at cold start.

Coil could be the culprit, if coil is about to die, it behaves erratic on heating.

You should have found the solution by now, please share it, can be useful for others.