1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Start of a new Chapter with my - Italian Mini Rocket

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Sapam, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Sudhi, For the door sill, I paid about 600. The look of the door sill is very plain Jane. It had fiat written on it and not Punto . I think u can get better Looking door sill from market.
    Sudhi likes this.
  2. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I think I kind of found the culprit causing audio switching to AUX when I use the horn.

There seems to be some connection issue with with the Center Horn when it gets wet.
    I never had the issue for a month because I didn't wash my car using water spray. After my cars rear bumper repair, they generously washed my car with water spray. Right after that the issue was there for few days. Then mysteriously the issue vanished. I later bought a spray gun to spray wash my car and I use to spray a bit of water in and around the front grill, technically the horn and its connection gets wet. Then immediately the issue will be there for two to three days and the issue is no more until the next wash.
    I have been observing this pattern for few weeks. And today being the day I wash my car, I covered the Center horn and its connector with a plastic bag. And after drying the car I removed the cover. Took my car out for a ride. Honked more than a dozen time during an hour of drive. So far no hint of the Horn->AUX switch disease.

I'll do the observation for few days and conclude my result.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  3. Sudhi

Sudhi Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Sapam, I asked the dealer about the Door sills ,
    he said
    1) he has orange sills,
    2) don't buy them, once they get wet, they gets spoiled.
    3)Company is coming up with a new version of door sills, fixing the water proofing issue.

Hope company comes up with a good quality one.
  4. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Sapam, congrats for the new buy. hows the NVH level inside the cabin?
    the mud flaps fitted by the dealer itself or u bought is from 99rpm? i think the issue u r observing with Horn seem to be familiar with puntos. jus check it @ service centre.