1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Start of a new Chapter with my - Italian Mini Rocket

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Sapam, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Went to Shivanasamudra and Talukadu on Saturday 10-Jan'2015. Well, it was an interesting journey in all sense ;).
    Couldn't take too many Snaps ( hardly any ) so wouldn't qualify it for Travelogue. So, i'll describe it here.

The plan for the day was to go to Gangachukki and Barachukki and back home. My wife was not so interested as she believed there wouldn't be any water in the waterfall but I insisted ( well, she turned out correct :eek:). So, I had to do all the cooking for the picnic:mad:.

On Saturday morning we start off a bit late around 9:30. And decided to take the Bangalore-MysoreRoad-Maddur-Mallavali-Shivanasamudra(Gangachukki). Me, my wife and 4year old son set off for the trip.

Route Bangalore-Gangachukki
    Bangalore-to-Shivasamudra.jpg

Took the nice NH7 expressway, and at the toll took two way ticket thinking i'll be coming back the same route (which didn't happen).
    On the way we had the breakfast I made at home.
    The Mysore road was good but felt too congested in many places.
    There was broken road patches between Maddur and Malavalli so stayed under 40kmph almost 2/3 of the distance between Maddur and Malavalli.
    Finally, hit excellent road after I crossed Malavalli. Reached Gangachukki, but was disappointed that there was only 1 stream (smallest one) of waterfall.

Then decided to go to Barachukki. While coming out of Gangachukki found a shortcut to reach NH209 instead of going inside the Dam Area.

Shortcut to NH209
    Gangaghukki-New-Shortcut.jpg

The NH209 bridge was under construction so tried other route via Google Maps. It showed me another route that goes across Kaveri river from Kaveripura. Decided to take that route, and after driving about 1.6km in no road (road not meant for cars) found that there is no bridge but a ferry crossing, all thanks to google maps.
    That threw away our plan for the Barachukki as it was getting late.

Wasted Route to Barachukki
    Shivasamudra-to-Barachukki.jpg

Finally, decided that we'll go to the Kaveri River bank at Talakadu. Drove straight to the Kaveri River Site at Talakadu, took a swim at the Kaveri river with my son as the river was very shallow and safe. And surprisingly the water was very clean. Had lunch there.

Gangachukki to Takukadu Kaveri River Site
    Shivasamudra-to-Talakadu2.jpg

Left the River Site for Bangalore at about 5pm. This time decided to take the NH209 to see how it fares and for experience too. Personally I found the road better ( thought there was no divider ) than the Mysore Road. But, I admit not a good road to drive at night. Midway along the route, it was almost dark and had to bear the brunt of senseless people driving with HighBeam On. Maybe its better to drive this route during the daylight only. Night driving on NH209 is not advisable. Mysore route might be a better bet.

Talakadu to Bangalore
    Talakadu-to-Bangalore2.jpg

Through out the way Google Maps was kept on changing my route without my permission if I fail to respond to its change route message, it was very irritating. Next time i'll take a Mobile holder along.

Drove the entire 385km with AC on 100% and my car gave an economy of 18.1kmpl. Now my Mini Rocket is reading 1111 km at ODO.
    Will plan a better destination next time and will try MapMyIndia instead of Google. The car performed very well. As, I was with my family and the roads were not exceptionally excellent I maintained a good 90-100 kmph when there was a good stretch otherwise it was around 70-80kmph all the way when the road was decent.

Learned a lot on many do's and dont's while doing a trip. Will compile and share them sometime later.

Happy Driving.
    sandipan_r15, Shrijit, Ravi and 2 others like this.
  2. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    And Finally I received my Remote Key.

IMG_2333.JPG
  3. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Today morning I went on a Solo Drive to Hesaraghatta Grassland.

Started around 6:30 am, from Kundalahalli Gate. Planned to start around 5:30 am.
    Wanted to fuel up at shell fuel depot, but found it not operating when I went to fill in the morning. MID Range was showing about 165 km. Decided to continue the journey without refilling (actually didn't find any shell bunk on the way). My total trip will be around 135 km to and fro.

While going I went a bit fuel conscious and didn't went above 90kmph. But while coming back I went up to 110kmph on the Highway, rpm was observed to not go beyond 2500. And after the trip when I reached home after the trip, Fuel Low warning just got lit.

Based on my trip computer for the trip I got an average of around 19.6kmpl.

In the morning the Grassland was awesome. Saw few bikers also at the location.

Here, are few photos taken form my phone:
    IMG_2386.jpg
    IMG_2387.jpg IMG_2391.jpg IMG_2392.jpg

Below are the Photos taken from my DSLR.
    20150118_DSC_0022.jpg 20150118_DSC_0026.jpg 20150118_DSC_0029.jpg 20150118_DSC_0030.jpg 20150118_DSC_0031.jpg 20150118_DSC_0038.jpg
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    A really beautiful set there! Wallpaper material :cool:

Grey looks better on punto than linea in my opinion
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. VijayakumarR

VijayakumarR Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Awesome pics @Sapam !
    I was so happy to see these pics for i have booked one too, Magnesio Grey 90 Hp and these pics are as close to owning one in flesh :).
    Regarding the accessories, are you saying that you received your remote key long after the car was delivered to you ?
    I have asked for a chrome extension for the silencer and a remote lock too, and the dealer has told me that if i pay them 10279/- for lock and 2400/- for chrome exhaust well in time before registration of the car they would have these optional accessories purchased and installed at the time of delivery ! Is there anything that i should ensure to avoid the delay which you encountered ?
    Thanks.
    Sapam likes this.
  6. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @VijaykumarR, I remember paying for the Silencer Extension but don't remember paying for the Remote Key. I believe the remote key were not shipped with the car and they arrive after the car in about 15 days. It was not just me, but according to my SA, the Remote key came later together for a lot of 50 cars that were delivered to their stockyard along with my car in December.
    Don't worry about the remote key delay. The car is still drivable with the Manual Key ;). Am still confused why they are asking you to pay for the remote key. The car comes with 1 manual key and 1 Remote key at no extra cost.
    Do check up with them about the Remote key.
    I think the Remote key delay is normal if your car is from the fresh batch. Older batches have their Remote keys while delivery.
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    SAPAM,beautiful car & equally beautiful pics.This colour carries the chromes with style.Enjoy your EVO & keep posting your feedbacks.
    Sapam likes this.
  8. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Had an incident yesterday night outside Phoenix City mall. In the crawling traffic someone hit my rear left bumper. It was the indicar In front of me who for no reason jammed his brake, though the road was clear ahead. I had to brake from about 20kmph or less to avoid hitting him. That moment another vehicle rammed My car from behind. I guess he didn't kept any distance from my car.

The damage on the bumper:
    fcbad430d5bf20ac6e339a056c40cb3a.jpg

The bumper and body got a slight gap on the left side.
    a86973e8dc6b7823a4b2109617ab0e4e.jpg

For reference this is the right bumper which has tight bumper body gap.
    fe7c8f7b056b7dd8bf77ea0d8e1dc0e8.jpg

I guess you can imagine my frustration.

Am now confused to what to do now. Wife says it's not too bad and I shouldn't bother fixing it. I am completely confused and sad. What do you guys suggest. Do I get it fixed or wait for the first service at about 5000km and ask them if they can close in the Gap between body and bumper. Btw I don't see any damage or scratch on the body panel in the rear left section.
    Do I need to get the car checked or let it go and don't bother too much and enjoy the ride.
  9. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Here is a slight reduction in the gap inside the wheel arch I noticed between the tyre and the plastic casing.
    Left bumper side
    ef2ac256f33e8709a9e6bdf1ad260f3a.jpg

Right bumper side
    50c5f887cc647e881d84066540e3f9d2.jpg

Do I need to worry about this?
  10. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Today I gave it to the service Center to realign and paint the bumper.