1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Stang issue with the head lights.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by ccprakash, Jul 19, 2012.

1. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    I have faced an strange issue with the headlights. While going to my office the head lights turned on automatically. I have checked head light stack it was in off position. I went to KHT. I stopped and started the ignition. This time it was working fine. Not sure where exactly the problem is. Kht people asked me to take the snap of the odo meter. SO that they will replace the stalk under warrenty.

Hoping this issue couldnt come again..Anybody faced such kind of issue..?
  2. drapkarthik

drapkarthik Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi prakash, I too had the same issue it the faulty snap which requires complete replacement of the headlight and indicator switch assembly, i got mine replaced but at a price as i crossed warranty. the headlight will switch itself in high beam on the go. So would advice u ti get it replaced under warranty.
  3. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks Karthik, But i need to show them when its not working. How much they charged for you for the replacement. headlight and indicator assembly means only that lever or any other parts are there.
    May be i will ask them for replacement not sure wether they will replace this one or not coz now iam not facing that issue. Lets hope for the best the problem should not come again.
  4. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    Did you face this problem again ? I faced a similar problem with the headlights staying on that went away by itself - here are some details :

AsI was taking my car out of my office parking area and had turned on my parking lights. After taking out my car, tried to switch them off but they wouldn't turn off. The green light on the dashboard stayed on.

Switched off the ignition and then turned it on again. The lights were switched off on the indicator stalk but they turned themselves on automatically. Turning on the indicators would turn on the lights . As I was taking the car to the ASC, the problem went away by itself and I did not visit the ASC.

My fuse box should be dry - gave it for a wash around 10 days ago but he didn't wash the engine bay. I checked on the fiatforum.com and there was one case similar to mine where the problem just went away by itself.

A couple of more questions :

1) Can the parking lights be turned on even without the ignition key slotted in ?

2) There's a 'tick' sound everytime I switch on and turn off the main headlights( not the parking lights) - somewhere from behind the driver side fusebox. Is this normal and is it from the relay ?
  5. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    1) yes, but you need to turn on the ignition first , switch on the headlights, turn off the ignition (you can take out the key here), rotate the headlight switch to off, then rotate again to parking lights on. this is one of the 'intelligent' features provided, similar to follow-me-home lights. You can even keep the parking lights on for a single side, by moving the indicator stalk to right or left position.

2) yes it is the relay.

On a separate note, has anyone noticed a click sound after 5-10 seconds of turning on the ignition key? I'm assuming this is the glow-plugs being pre-heated for a short interval. Have never seen the glow-plug light staying on though, on the instrument cluster. (besides coming on with all the other indication lights and going off with them).
    sdp1975 likes this.