1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Stallion Alloys - 100 PCD for my Linea Tjet 195 tyres

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by tjet, Jul 3, 2011.

1. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Sri, I shall get it done for rear wheels also. Its 100 pcd for all 4 wheels. After getting hub centric rings, no vibration, no wobbling :) I felt a bit from rear wheels. However, I have ordered 2 more rings for rear wheels!

Fly Tjet :)
  2. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Roy, Pran,

Thank you for your advice. After getting Hub centric rings on front wheels , no vibration, no wobbling :)

Today I am getting 2 more on rear wheels today!

Forza Fiat India, Forza Tjet.

3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Glad to hear that.. and Hub centric rings should be there for all the four wheels.
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good that your beauty is back as a beast as it could be for high speed drives. What was the bore size of your alloys, from where you got the rings and for how much?

Also it is encouraging for others here that 100PCD with these rings negate the wobbling issue. Enjoy your beauty now.
  5. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    @Roy: I got it fitted for all 4 wheels!

@Pran: My beauty is its BeAst!!!!! Thanks you man, u stopped my vibration and wobbling ;-)
  6. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    PCD effect & Hub centric ring!

My dearest TFI friends,

My journey of getting alloys for my tjet started a week ago. Waste of time, effort and money!

I had been to Shiv Shakthi tyres in JC road, Bangalore. He has huge collection of alloys but FIAT says 98 PCD! The owner claims very less amount of 98 PCD alloys in the market and advice 100 PCD for FIAT cars and says confidently that 100 to 98 PCD conversion will have no problems! Very polished english but he is a number 1 Bluff-master!

I know you people have great knowledge about alloys but I have to share -
    LESSONS LEARNT! :-

1. Most after market alloys comes with 100 PCD.

2. All after market alloys need help of HUB CENTRIC RINGS (even If it is 98 PCD!) - HELPS IN LONG RUN!

3. Never ever convert PCD. Most after market alloys with 98 PCD also assist in Vibration & wobbling!!!!!

4. Vibration and Wobbling in most after market alloys are imminent but not to worry. Just use Aluminium hub centric rings which would cost anywhere between 250 - 400 INR.

5. Lesser the weight of alloys, better the quality!

6. If you love alloys, please get OEM alloys, it could be 2-3 k more per each wheel but quality is really THE BEST! else Stock rims are always good - Wheel caps looks good actually. Getting outside alloys may result in complications - Poor handling, poor braking and tight steer!

7. After market alloys: I recommend VELOCHE - Ultra light semi forged, Momo, OZ, ORIGINAL HR alloys, ..... with HUB CENTRIC RINGS - These are ok ok when compared to Plati, League, Stallion etc...

8. Beware of wrong threading of nuts, poor workmanship while fitting alloys.

@ Bangalore FIATIANS: Please avoid JC road to get anything done for your car!

Nevertheless, I am now enjoying my Flying Tjet!

Thank you for listening me through!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  7. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Pran,

Uffffffffff..I forgot to get the bore size. I got it from the same alloy shop - Shiv Shakti tyres and alloys, JC Road, Bangalore. Each ring is 400 INR. AFter negotiations, he reduced to 350 INR!

Cheers

8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    350/- is on the higher side, but it doesn't matter as long as your issues are resolved.
    Why did you recommend to stay away from JC road, I thought it is the one-stop-shop for all car related stuffs.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    tjet thanks for sharing this information. These were the exact reasons, why didnt opted aftermarket alloys for my 1.2 Emotion Punto.
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't worry kedarbendre, TFI is here to help you out of any issues, go ahead, live your dreams !