1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Stallion Alloys - 100 PCD for my Linea Tjet 195 tyres

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by tjet, Jul 3, 2011.

1. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank u soccerfan :) Its with Nitrogen right?!

Just now returned from a SMALL long drive, balancing really sucks :mad:

The moment speed touches 80, wobbling started. I also felt misalignment!

Don't know whether its a problem with my new alloys are just a balancing issue?!

Stallion alloys are improperly balanced. Which is the best place to get the balancing and alignment done in South Bangalore? Can anyone suggest??

Thank you

Fly Tjet
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2011
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    tjet, take a look at this thread. You may need to use hub centric rings to ensure proper balancing.
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    On JC Road there is a CEAT shoppe on the right side after the signal, after Madhus (right side), Cherry Tyres(left side), etc. It is a branch of cherry tyres, after getting the balancing done improperly at cherry tyres thrice my car was took to the CEAT shoppe for expert advice and skill.

In the meanwhile as Roy suggested get hub centric rings as well. You can place the order at the CEAT shoppe, they will make it out of some alloys in a day, otherwise, like I did, you can go for http://www.hubcentric-rings.com/ which I would recommend since it was perfect fit for my new set of alloys. It will take anywhere around 10 days to get this shipped.
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

Nitrogen/Air keep the same cold tyre pressure of 32/30 for front and rear
  5. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you. I will do it. Btw..I got balancing done @ Tyre professionals yesterday. I shall go for a long drive today and see if it's ok else I'l go to CEAT shoppe.

Fly Tjet :)

6. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    What is the size of Hub centric rings for Tjet? My tyres are 195 and with 15" alloys with 100 PCD filed to 98!
    Does Ceat Shoppe sell Hub centric rings? Please let me know.

Thank you

Fly Tjet :)
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    The inside dia of the hub centric ring would be 58.1mm. For getting the outside dia you need to remove the alloy wheel and measure the size of the center hole. The above mentioned thread also explains how to measure that.
  8. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Roy,

Thank you. I had been to the alloy dealer where I got my alloys fitted. That fellow said it might happen 1 in 100 cars and PCD conversion is not the cause for it. He also said most alloys comes with 100 PCD and is filed to 98 everyday. So he suggested to put a hub centric ring which stops wobbling and vibration as well. He suggested from front tyres.

Whats your say on it? Please pass on your contact number to my email id "ragsathy@rediffmail.com" . i want to talk to u, its a serious problem and im very frustrated with alloys which has eaten the great feel of handling in my tjet :-(
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    tjet,
    What the dealer said is partially correct. Using hub centric rings should remove the wobbling. What I am not convinced is his claim that PCD conversion is NOT the cause of it. I feel that too has its role in the wobbling. But if you use hub centric rings, then as the dealer said, PCD conversion will not have any effect.
    I have sent you my number as a private message.
  10. why only 2 front wheels?
    are the wheels at the back 98 pcd without wobbling?
    get the rings for all 4 wheels.
    its for your safety