1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Stallion Alloys - 100 PCD for my Linea Tjet 195 tyres

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by tjet, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Tjet, the car looks smashing on the streets no doubt, the Linea and Punto is a Head Turner today also,
    Just place the Fiat sticker on the Hub, It will give a rich feel.
  2. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you all for your wishes:)
    OEM tryes are really amazing but I didn't go for TJET plus for one reason that my father did not want leather upholstery. He liked the fabric so much and told me to maintain it properly! So just got a Tjet and fitted alloys!
    I felt a smooth steer actually :)

One Bhpian has posted that Stallion, Neo and plati alloys are of bad quality. If I keep on researching on it, I will end up with Steel rims only. Onething, I wanted to tell you guys that Stallion alloys are HEAVY (Weigh more or less equal to Steel rims ) and sturdy!

Tjet Rocks and thrashes all other cars in upper C segment.

Can anyone tell me the tyre pressure with Nitrogen?
    NITROGEN: I reduced it to 34 - Front and 32 - rear but still the ride is bumpy. Air boy advised me to put 30 for all tyres and also compared with Scorpio where he keeps 28 nitros! for all tyres.
    Shall I make it 30 for all tyres? As you know FIAT says 36 on front and 33 on rear If it's normal Air! Please advice.

Fly Tjet!

Happy Flying :)

Cheers

Thanks Sri :)
    They filed it and made 98 PCD. I am weak in bargaining. Owner took that advantage. Anyway, I am happy for the stunning looks :)
    Its not very gaudy but looks elegant!

Fly Tjet!

Thanks man! Its 15 incher.

Gurjinder Paaji, pls explain me about STUDS. I didn't get it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2011
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @tjet

Paaji, i'm talking of wheel studs. Google it.

It is a sort of insurance against bolts going bad and being chewed up by the hub. Since i've experienced it twice already on the Palio D , so i thought others should be aware of this.

Read up about it and take a call whether they're worth it or not.

Cheers.
  4. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats for your Jet, T-Jet. :D Have fun with your machine.

Fiat should have provided alloys with T-Jet also. If not the 16" ones, then atleast the 'regular' 15'' ones. If you pay Rs 9 lakh for a car, then alloys should be there.

But that would mean no difference between the T-Jet and T-Jet+ except leather seats. :confused:
  5. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Prakhar, thank you :)

U are right! 9 lakh should have alloy, any car for that matter.

Fly Tjet:)
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    tjet, except for the brand which I have not heard, the 5 spoke alloys look good. As Gurji mentioned the 4th bolt issues looks something faced by many. My Petra had 100PCD alloys and the thread of the 4th bolt of a rear wheel was worn out, which I ignored at that time. Keep checking the bolts while you visit the tyre shop for the regular alignment.
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @tjet : If u notice alloys use aluminium also as a compound, and therefore, heavier the alloy inferior the quality, coz companies cut costs by reducing the amount of aluminium used(quite expensive). Also a heavier alloy wheel tends to break faster as compared to a lighter one that develops cracks/bends. Such reasons make companies like Konig, Lenso, bbs, enkei more durable than other brands like neo, hrs, stallion, plati.

but what matters in the end is what u like, and strangely the finish you have chosen is going very well with the cars image. No flashy stuff only substance ::T
  8. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Phew, U are right. I also came to know about inferiority of heavier alloys! I really wanted a decent yet elegant look. Wanted a 5 spoke and 4 holes. I simply loved it and then got it! My pals insisted me to visit few more shops in Bangalore but I really wanted to get rid of Steel rims which was looking bad for me.

I hope nothing happens to my alloys. Wish me good luck!

Cheers

Fly Tjet :)
  9. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Tjets,

Please let me know the exact tyre pressure If filled with Nitrogen. It's really bumpy with 34 - Front and 32 - Rear :-(
    Nitrogen boy suggested 30 for all tyres. Please advice.

Thank you

Fly Tjet :)
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    I would say go for 32 in front and 30 for rear for a good ride quality. On full load put 33/34 all around