1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Stallion Alloys - 100 PCD for my Linea Tjet 195 tyres

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by tjet, Jul 3, 2011.

1. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear Tjets,

I got my new linea TjET delivered on 29th of June from Concorde motors, Mysore road, Bangalore. Its a Tuscan wine Tjet!

I was planning to alloy my tjet! and finally I visited a store in JC Road today afternoon. For 195 tyres, getting a 98 PCD alloys are difficult and even If you get it, looks will be horrible.

After 1 hour of confusion, I saw one STALLION alloys but of 100 PCD. Its just amazing, it comes with 4 bolts and 5 spokes. Owner gave a promising note about 100 PCD filing to 98 PCD and guaranteed NO PROBLEMS! He was so confident and told me "Boss my boys are doing this for years together and take my words, If anything happens, throw the alloys on my face and I shall return money/ change another alloys!"

Finally, with that Verbal assurance, I also felt that there was no point in re-thinking and went for it. Stallion alloy is from Taiwan, It is not too light.

I paid 23K for 5 set of alloys and freebie he gave me was Nitrogen for tyres. I drove it for around 50 km till now and felt a considerable improvement in smoothness of the steer!

USING NITROGEN: Recommended Tyre pressure of 30 for all wheels but I reduced to 34 - FRONT and 32 - REAR. Reduced 2 points. The ride is actually bumpy. I didn't listen to that Air boy. But, nevertheless car is running good, nice drive actually :)

Anyway, I have paid and got it fixed on my car. I felt it's costly but for saving 1 or 2 k, searching for 1 week made no sense for me.

Please comment on it. Find the attached pics.

Thank you.

Cheers

Fly Tjet :)

Happy Flying:smile:

03072011043.jpg

03072011044.jpg
  2. those seems to be cool. did the bolts go in straight inside?
    or did they had to fiddle with the bolts?
    23k seems to be ok price. you could have bargained for more.
    and hrs of taiwan is much better(heard)

never heard about stallion though.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Good ones, but sorry no offense meant to you but the OEM alloys are the best suiting ones on the lineas.
    Linea needs classy alloy and not sporty as its a classy car.
    on other hand punto is sporty car and it gulps huge amount of alloy designs.

linea does good with more no of delicate spokes than 4 spoke/5 spoke ones.

this is just my opinion.
    abhinav_nani likes this.
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    nice choice tjet.. this also looks stunning but IMHO stock tjet alloys already looked fab !! are these 16inchers?
    there was a separate thread here about using 100pcd alloys on fiats by using hub centric rings and al. refer to that and get those installed as well to avoid problems in the future.
  5. nik

nik

Thane
    Put an onida devil sticker(lifesize) on driver window. It's neighbours envy, owners pride tjet man!!
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great set of wheels, goes well with the car.
    Just be careful and carry a set of spare bolts and the allen-key, the fourth bolt that goes in (slightly tilted), tends to grind up faster.

mods please move it to the mods and tuning section
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Agreed to Italia-Linea. OEM alloys looks stunning than these alloys on Linea TJET.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Agree with Phew.

One advice i'd like to give is to get studs made to mount these wheels. This can be done by any lathe shop. They are far better , last more and make the job of mounting the wheel much easier.

Our Palio D is on 100 PCD , and has developed a habit of chewing up a bolt every now and then when a tire is re-fitted after removal ( I'm not sure if aftermarket 100 PCD alloys are causing this , but i've seen other Palios at the garage with aftermarket alloys suffering from the same issue). So i'm going for studs on all four wheels at the next service.

This can be pondered over by all members with aftermarket alloys.

Gurjinder.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Looks good, but please take out those mud flaps!! They spoil the looks of your beauty!! :)
  10. gurjinder bhai
    what are studs??

SORRY OT.