1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

stages of turbo in linea??????

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by jayakrishnakola, Nov 24, 2011.

1. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    my linea has stages of turbo boost. i mean at once when i floor the accelerator in 2nd gear when it is below 1500 rpm, i get the pull from somewhere below 2000 rpm and at 2500 rpm there is a jerk where i hit the seat backwards and again at 3000rpm i get the jerk and i'm pulled in more. i get the jerks even in 3rd and 4th gear. and in 5th gear i dont find any jerks( actually they are hardly noticable)

my question is isnt linea's pull supposed to be very smooth and no jerks..... and also is it only my linea or every other lineas too. i havent driven other lineas apart from mine. i did drive a 90hp punto which didnt have the jerks but there was only once that i hit the seat at 2000rpm and the pull gradually decreased by 4000rpm( arent lineas also supposed to be like this?????)
  2. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    This should not be the case.

What the reason for it is very difficult to determine from distance.
  3. Even in my Punto 90 HP, I have noticed this. I wanted to raise this doubt, but thought of trying out this for another 2 or 3 times and thought I could start a thread. Below 1500 rpm, after 2000 , 2500 and 3000 RPM I feel a sudden pull, not a Rush but noticeable surge. Could this be the character of a VGT ????
  4. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    any other ppl noticing this pls reply.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Turbo feels kicking slightly above 1500 rpm which goes stronger and stronger as the rpm increases with very nice pull from 2500rpm onwards till somewhere around a little less than 4000 rpm from there pulls get milder progressively.

Notice the graph in the third pic in this thread click here showing how the boost increases with rpm without any sudden increase or decrease in boost.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have "rarely" felt presence of Turbo in my Punto90hp.
    Power kicks in after 2000rpm but in a lazy manner w/o surge or spikes.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @jaydev,

I guess its because of the VGT with variable angle of the vanes in the 90hp may be spooling gradually at much lower rpm and there is no sudden spooling as in the FGT which begins at a particular rpm only

Abdul
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think That I can call it something as civilized and sober manner of managing power.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    That surge of power is something that I am kicked about and I am sure you will be missing the feeling. So Punto 75 with tuning box is the way to go for a fun filled experience.

Abdul
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    OT,I think you are missing something concerning 93ps of Punto90hp.100kmph is just a beginning, It can go all the way upto 200kmph if the internal speed limiter is removed.

And for the sudden push from turbo ,I would not prefer that as i feel It is too detrimental for moving parts. a linear performance is better any day unless you are in sports field.