1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Stage 2 performance Mods for Linea

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Thevaibhav, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Thevaibhav

Thevaibhav Timido

Hi all,

I've been in the market looking for reliable sources to get my hands on stage 2 turbo, inter cooler, brakes, clutch upgrades for my linea. Im currently at about 115 bhp thanks to SID and Vivek from ToT. At this point also dreaming of the possibility of a changed gearbox

Read a few threads and the only mods I really found were remap / tuning box.

2. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Can only think of brakes upgrade for you- A complete swap of brakes from T-Jet to your MJD if possible - will require extensive research to achieve it I guess... T-Jet stock braking system is the best in the country by far...

And if I may ask, how do you intend to change the Gearbox?
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

You'll probably have to source the hardware from Europe. That should be the easy part.

The real deal will be the tuner who can tune the kit to perfection - a custom tune and not just a generic map flash with a few tweaks here and there. If a remote tune is a part of the deal from a vendor abroad who is supplying the hardware , that can work out fine as well. Approaching power levels such as 130-140 or so bhp and more importantly the increased torque will really test the strength of the factory components of the Multijet. The 1.3 shortblock ( so called half engine assembly) alone is worth 50K or so , so tread carefully.

2 people like this.
  4. Thevaibhav

Thevaibhav Timido

The quest to build a really fast linea Mjd

Ive been researching for a while but haven't really made much headway into reliable source of the hardware. Sid from ToT will be the first choice for the tune.

The quest is to have amongst the quickest MJDs and have a decent sized budget allocated. I do know it would a lot cheaper just buying a bigger car.

Any experience in the team on any kinda engine mod would be helpful.

In response to the earlier question on gearbox looking at a fiat GB sold in Europe for a similar engine variant.
  5. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Pete's are in progress of developing stage 2 turbo and other spec's for linea t-jet. Already linea t-jet hurns out 140bhp from pete's.

Request you to contact them and am not sure whether the same turbo can be used in Mjd's.

As for the brakes you can order the T-jet rear brake system (disks, pads, calipers,etc) and can be used in Linea mjd or Punto's and already few of our member have done it. It should cost you around 25k max for the setup.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

sourcing all components for a stage 2 map is going to be tough not because you have to just source it from somewhere but becuase you need to exactly know how those parts mate with your existing parts and what are its tresholds.
    Like Gurjinder said you need to really think of what stress would be induced into various components because of this change.
    So to make life simple i would start like this.
    (which is how i started and just kept quiet thereafter looking at the costs) ;-)

What do i want?
    I want punto to have 150BHP

What are the current parts limited to?
    You can find this out by comparing the most powerful puntos in the eurpoean market and compare there parts with ours and see what can handle that power and what cannot?

Which are all the cars that provide 150BHP in India?
    Eg:: Vento, rapid, octavia, superb, lancer, <-- These are examples . I'm not saying these cars have 150BHP , i'm just saying if they do have that much power pay extra attention to the parts they have .

Can i match parts from these cars to punto ?
    If yes
    What are those parts, which brand has these parts
    If NO
    Where can i get these parts cheap? which other international brand can i look at for shipping these ?

So you start building an excel sheet like this and then you will get a realistic idea of how much you will spend (this is the only sane way to do a power upgrade , everything else is just a gimmick and may or may not last long at all for high gains.)

I started like this and after 2 months i had only reached a stage where i knew what all piping and tubes i needed to buy from which brands.
    That's when i decided to give this a miss and enjoy my beauty the way she is.
    Its a real hard work

- - - Merged Post - - -

Mind you all these brands you looking to get parts from should be running at stock layout and from factory. None of this remapped to 10000HP business should be entertained.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

@the black

Complete kits are available in Europe. Like i said the hardware aspect is not an issue. Buy and bolt it all up.

In everyone's best interests, always select a tuner who knows the limits of the drivetrain. To know the limits, one has to go beyond it. That's the way everyone learns in the tuning industry. Have the present Indian tuners tested those limits of the Multijet? I really don't think so. They are good in copy + pasting generic tunes with slight variations.

P.S. Before anyone flames me for criticising any XYZ tuner, I have no intentions of degrading anyone. Just putting out food for thought for everyone's best interests.
    3 people like this.
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

If you want a Punto with 150 bhp,wait for one with bigger engine.
    The puny MJD wont be able to take the stress.
    Rapids and Vento's can easily take the extra stress till 140 odd bhp owing to their advantage in CC department.
    Stock MJD should not be pushed beyond 110 bhp,else it is going to stress the internals.
    and with a bigger turbo will come another problem,more turbo lag.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

What kind of Map you are currently running? Review please. Does it help the city drive? Did the remap achieve more low end boost and torque? Awaiting a honest review.
  10. moksh

moksh Regolare

Linea 1.3
    I am intrested in a bigger disc size can anyone help me , i have actually seen a very big size disc in S class amg , but thats out of budget atleast i can copy it hhahah