1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Squeaky sound from AC in Linea

Discussion in 'Technical' started by kailasmenon2000, Mar 26, 2014.

1. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Ive been hearing a squeaky belt rotating kind of sound in my car. It stops when I switch off the AC. And somehow it has a connection with the clutch which I don't understand. When I apply the clutch the sound pops up.
    But this sound comes once or twice in a week only, sometime for short duration and sometimes throughout the drive . So the problem is when the service guys check it, there won't be any issue & later when I drive it pops up. What might be the reason?
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Ohh thank you...I'll ask the service engineer to check this. Car is already given for service. :) But how do you exactly know its the tensioner pulley that is causing trouble? It can be the driving pulley or alternator belt also right?

- - - Merged Post - - -

I checked it in youtube. As you said its the problem with the tensioner pulley only :)

Just a doubt...Is tensioner pulley & idler pulley same?
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    They have this spray lubricant aerosol type with a long nozzle. If he sprays it on the pulley while engine running, the sound disappears immediately. If not there maybe some other issue. Please verify since it's not exactly cheap to replace only to find some other source of noise.

Post feedback here. Best of luck.

No, they are often mixed up. I doubt if they are applicable in our case. Best to ask SA about those as well.

idler pulley.jpg
    2 people like this.
  5. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Will keep updated...
  6. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Cooling coil & O-Rings Replacement

Today I got a call from SA regarding the cooling issue on my Linea 1.3JD. He said there is a problem with the cooling coil & it needs to be replaced. He said the gas is leaking & if he fills the gas for Rs.2000, it will leak within 3 days. Also he said the O-Rings needs to be replaced.

The estimate quoted by him is 8k to get the job completely done with. My questions are -

1. Should I check with some AC mechanics outside?

2. Is the price correct for the job mentioned above?

3. Is cooling coil replacement a normal thing?
  7. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Just enquired with an outside AC mechanic. The price he quoted for the same job to get done is 6k. He said he'll be using the OE cooling coil. Seems like this is a better option. :)
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @kailasmenon2000,
    So what is the update on AC and the squeaky sound. What actions were needed to solve those.

Thanx.
  9. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Kailas,

I am experiencing the same issue in Palio Stile MJD. The Squeaking sound is noticed only while Car is Idle for some time.
    Can you please let me know how could you fix the problem. I will go to FASS soon.

Thanks,
    Shashank