1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Squeaking sound from dashboard

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by vinit, Mar 11, 2015.

1. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,

I have recently purchased new linea multijet emotion 2014. I have observed a continuous squeaking sound from the dashboard. This sound is even more pronounced on bad roads. The Fiat technician observed the issue and commented that the sound is coming from the music system unit. Similar sound is coming from the rear left door.. These sounds are very irritating especially if the music system is off.

Is this a common issue in new lineas ? Any solutions ??
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Such squeaks or rattles should not be there in new car at least. If FASS says the dashboard squeak is from HU, then the HU may have been placed loosely. I hope you have confirmed that its not due to some loose material in the dashboard compartment.
  3. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    The FASS put the car on ramp and tighten all the nut bolts screws etc.. But no effect... And this dashboard sound starts coming after the car has run for a while, say for 5 minutes.. However, the rear door sound does come immediately once the car starts moving.