1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

spring noise over humps, urgent clarifications needed as service due tomorrow

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by theblack, Apr 9, 2012.

1. I too had the problem.. last week during my second service they lubricated the system.. and now it's gone.. don't know for how long it will last...
  2. aniketbhise

aniketbhise Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    i am facing the problem of sound from the rear side. i had reported this to the service centre, and they said that they have fixed it. said something was loose and they tightened it up. When i took the test drive with the service consultant we did not heard any sound. But when i took the delivery and was on way to home, after travelling for @ 20 kms. the sound was back . imm. i called him back and reported the problem. He said he will get it rectified. now again i have to take the car to thane for the same problem
  3. Ashish Agrawal

Ashish Agrawal Timido

i second this issue....my new punto 2012 is giving this strain spring noise at any rough patch, even at walking speed.The noise is originating from front right suspension.

After pondering over the issue, i got the link rods & tie rods checked, in case they were loose.
    The TASS guy said, quite likely the Strut Mount Pad, would be faulty and requires replacment.

I am just wondering if strut mount pad is not the issue, than its pointless in opening the factory fitted suspension, and eventually the issue would crop up again.

puntostat......theblack.....sat-chit-ananda......rahul24jam.....guys anybody got things recitified???

for fiat experts....does the strain spring noise even at speed of 10 km from front right suspension, does it sound; originating because of fautly strut mount pad or its something else???
  4. I doubt the seats. Not only when i go over a bump. Even on the highways where road surface is not even, I hear that sound. Initially was worried but now got used to it. may be will get it checked in the second service.
  5. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

I went once to TASS..they said its fixed...same as yours ..I got it back in 10 mins...when service guy was not there and I was driving back home

I am yet to go again...with the amount of driving I'm doing I'll hit first service in another 10 days..I'll get it checked then..

I get this sound only on a hump....so does not look major...but yes its annoying..
  6. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    My car has the same issue with rear left suspension. On the first visit to TASS, they told me that it is rectified using lubrication. But the noise came back after couple of weeks. Now they are going to replace the rear shock-absorber but as usual the part is not in stock...I am following up with them...

7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Guys I have bad news.
    A few days back i got the strut bearings replaced because I had suspension spring noise and the SA from concorde mysore road diagnosed it to be from the strut bearings..

BUT, Even now i'm hearing the same spring noise when i go over humps.
    Unfortunately I've wasted 5K under the advice of the SA to get the bearings changed. Now can anyone please give me some advice on this.
    There is no other ill-effect from this apart from the fact that I just dont feel happy to hear that noise every time i go over humps.. I can easily hear it even when the audio system is on and the windows are rolled up.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    recently i have changed RH lower swing arm for the noise.Please check with that part also.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

bumping this thread again :(
    The kring noise is coming from the same location again.
    Right side, to right-center in the front of the car.

I had been battling this problem from the past few months .
    We suspected that the lower arm might have something to do with it and when it was opened i saw that the lower arm boot was cut. So as a precaution i replaced the lower arm and the noise seemed to come down a bit .
    But again after a few days it started.

Then after about a month the noise automatically vanished and i never heard it again for the next few months.
    But then again a few days back when i took my car to office this noise sprung up again.
    I'm clueless about this issue . My last hope is to get the damn struts replaced and hope for the best. But if anyone has a better idea please advice.

Nature of the problem,
    I dont hear this kring noise the moment i set out for the day. I have to drive for a few kms and once the suspension gets a work out i start hearing this noise when ever i go over humps. Again when i stop for a few hrs and restart my journey the noise dissapears only to resurface after a few kms.
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Since last week i am getting strange noise from front suspension and is there only when i am moving over a speed breaker or rough patch will this be resolved by lubing it..? Is it ok if i visit the local garage near by or should i visit FASS for this job.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014