1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

spring noise over humps, urgent clarifications needed as service due tomorrow

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by theblack, Apr 9, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi all,

From the past few days when ever i go over humps ,(slow or fast) i hear a "kring kring" noise from the front suspension . (The kind of noise that you hear when the springs are stressed).
    I took it to the showroom today and upon preliminary examination the service guys said it could be a lube problem with steering rack, I was surprised that a rack issue could cause a noise that sounds so much like spring noise.
    Anyway, Ive asked the guys to pick up my car tomorrow from my location.

The reason for this post is that I would like to know if anyone faced this issue and is it really a steering rack issue or with suspension only.
    My car is running on "Extended warranty" and both these covered under warranty..

Since the guys hinted that they would probably lube the rack to remove the noise I'm wondering now if i should ask for full replacement of any damaged part?
    Also since I'm not sure if they will replace the parts or just repair it (as I dont have any way to find it out) I'm a bit worried.

Any advices would be really helpful

Thanks
  2. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Oh God!!

I have exact same problem on my right front wheel...my car is just a month old...!!

I'm going to contact dealer tmrw..
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    can anyone please answer this ? the car is going to the A.S.S tomorrow morning.. I"d like to have a opinion by then
  4. I have the same issue from right wheel,let us know what was the solution.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys.. My car came back now.. I tested for the spring noise and it has been rectified.
    According to the A.S.S he had lubed the sleeve cylinder and thats all..

I'm going to get correct answer for this when i go visit them next time.. Keep this thread open till then..
  6. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    i had problem whenever i used to take the car on hump/speed breaker, it used to sound as if there is some problem with suspension. I went and checked with TASS and they told T-Jet vehicles will not have any issue with suspension since the car has alloy wheels and the suspensions are one of the best. there is no such thing as lubrication or some loose bolts. then we had test drive of the vehicle and it was fine...only if you are above 30kmph and you hit a bump, the sound you get from suspension is of dampers bush. so no issue as of now related to suspension.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    it could be in you're case that beyond 30kmph you hear that noise..
    But for me I was hearing about it almost always. If the car went over undulations even at walking speeds i could hear the spring strain noise.
    Anyway fixed now and happy
  8. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    In my case the spring noise is when I'm very slow like 10km/hr...
  9. Hmm, lubed, sound may come back after oil gives up.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Hey, even i got the same problem. need to visit TASS. hardly a month old. gets the sound from under tha car, sounds like its the rear wheel suspension.