1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

spotted Model Year 2013 Punto 90 HP-First look

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sidindica, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @zenwalker - I have no idea how the Wagon-R could have signalled. You mean, he should have rolled his window down, stuck his hand out and waved? I don't think the biker was in left edge of the road. If you watch the video closely, you can see that the biker is not visible, even when varun's car was quite far from the Wagon-R.

I believe, the biker was in the middle of the left lane.

Doesn't matter if you agree or disagree, respectfully or otherwise, calling another road user a stupid moron, just because he did not do what you wanted or expected him to do - never mind the fact that it is unrealistic - is in poor taste.

Rajan
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Avithe1,
    If you are referring to refreshed version of 2013 models? Then they are not yet released. The same is confirmed by Ravi in this same thread. You may have to wait up couple of more months for that.

Note: Agreed on you that its going way OT. Hate it when things necessarily pulled out.
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Zenwalker: Not arguing with you bro, but if you pause the video at 25th second, you can see the break lights of wagon R coming on. On a two lane road, this alone is enough to ring an alarm bell. I agree that the two wheeler was not visible to Varun, but as Rajan have said, if there is no obstacle, why should the wagon R break at all?

Do you realistically think the wagon R driver have time to wind down his window and show sign to Varun to indicate not to over take? Most of us drive with windows rolled up and ac on - how much time do we need to roll down the window and put the hands out to show the signal? I am sure it is much more than the time the wagon R driver had at his disposal.

What i am saying is, we are on our own when we drive. It is always safe to do defensive driving.

Again, sorry if my comments hurt you or Varun.

Mods: We are way OT here. Could you please do a clean up, including this post?
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  4. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    hmm narrow escape, still you could have apply breaks bit early or blow horn and take right most path of the road to avoid hard breaking..
    if Same situation comes in night especially lights from vehicles from opposite side distract our view , then it would be hard to avoid collision.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Its going OT for this thread. I refrain to answer more on this. Either please read again and understand what i already have said or just let it go. I have said what i am sure off.

Thanks
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please have discussion on topic please. Any more OT post, will make this thread locked.
    You are on wrong thread, if you are looking for any info on refreshed 2013 models of Punto/Linea.
    Correct thread is - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-india-news/8575-fiat-india-future-plans.html
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Varun, That was a really narrow escape....
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - This is locked for now.
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.