1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

spotted Model Year 2013 Punto 90 HP-First look

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sidindica, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have already crossed 32K Kms in JK... Still in good conditions. I can easily stretch 5-6 K Kms on them. :)
    I think JK tyres are value for money.....
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    JK will last long, as much as you wish, coz they are hard compound !! i ll now upload a vid from my DVR, how i managed to stop my car from around 60 when a retard crossed the road all of a sudden !! another trip to a hill station, i was screeching, drifting and was all over the road when taking corners at slightly above normal speeds, Next time, will fix in a go pro n show you how bad they actually are !!
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Well, they certainly did not run out of them as I have ordered the stickers for my non sport 90HP and the shipment is already on it's way.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Wow that was very close! Phew thank goodness you didnt hit hard. I think the car which you were overtaking should have signaled you to not overtake. Stupid moron i guess, right?
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    A motorcyclist, who probably commutes on that road every day, signalling to take a right turn - indicator & hand signal, is a retard, because you were overtaking another car and did not notice that car braking? Why would he brake, unless there was an obstacle?

We overtake, without maintaining safe distance and expect the car in front to signal us not to overtake? How? And they automatically become stupid morons?

I feel the video and the details as well as @zenwalker's observations are in very poor taste.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

+1 - I think, varun, you were really lucky. The biker guy did signal and put indicator and he would no way be able to see you over taking the wagon R from the leftmost side. Ideally, he should not cross the whole two lane in a single motion, but usually nothing happens ideally. partially, it is our responsability also to make sure that the road is clear before we overtake.

I am ready to give a benefit of sarcasam to Zenwalker - I think his comment was sarcastic in nature :) If you really intent what you wrote, then I have to respectufully disagree with you, Zenwalker.

PS: I have, very heavily paid the price for not paying attention to the vehicle in front of me breaking - but that is story for another thread, another time.

-
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Excuse me! I have seen many vehicles on the highway signalling the behind vehicles to not overtake for any blockages. In this case, when the behind vehicles was honking and taking a overtake, atleast it should have been a courtesy of him to show a signal to not! And if you did observe correctly (from driver angle) after the driver in behind car decided to overtake and proceeded, the front care did applied break (break lights ON) and from driver angle its clearly not visible of the vehicle (2 wheeler) is going where.

So IMO the front car should have signaled behind driver provided the 2 wheeler has signaled him earlier. So mistake can be off 2 wheeler for signalling very late if he did or the car if he knew earlier.

I respectfully disagree!

-@Anoop,
    Please read my further analysis. I am sure what i am thinking is correct in this case. I did watch carefully that video 3 times btw.
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I also ride motorcycles much more than i drive my car (50k kms VS 10k kms), ideal way to turn right is to go through the centre of the road put indicator before 500 mtrs n then turn right. Here he came from the extreme left suddenly to extreme right by putting an indicator just 5mtrs before turning? atleast he should ve noticed the rear view mirror!! as a normal road user, i would ve signalled, when somebdy is crossing the road like this , I noticed the car braking at the very last moment n it was too late !! The right side of the road was empty and the biker cut the road diagonally instead of horizontally when he saw me screeching !! else this would ve ended up pretty badly .
    BTW the point here was the tires, if i were on good set of tires instead of JK, wouldnt i be able to brake without all these drama??
  9. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, this thread is going in a very wrong direction (discussing that video).
    I am planning to buy the Punto this year and am very interested to know any tit bit regarding the 2013 (refresh) model.

I have been googling about any news regarding the new Punto (search filters set to past 24 hrs) everyday after reaching home from work.
    This is one relevent thread where I have hope to get some news and many other like me too. So please stick to the topic (PLEASE).
    1 person likes this.
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Can you explain how exactly you would signal, coz i have no idea how one would signal in a situation like that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.