1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

spotted Model Year 2013 Punto 90 HP-First look

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sidindica, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Aaahhhh. The dreaded question. :D

@zenwalker - The punto is a great car as it is. I do not see much improvements even with the refreshed model. When that is launched, there will be rumours of the Punto T-Jet or the Punto 1.6 MJD being launched in Q4 13 or Q1 14 and your wait will get extended.

Rajan
    4 people like this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Rajan,
    I absolutely agree with you on greatness of the existing GP. But still i am wonder what kinda facelifts they might give for the refreshed version.

Oh i am no way going to wait for the next year models.

Btw, as soon as my house renovation is finished and i get DL in another 2 weeks. So some where in March.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was wondering whats wrong with this 90 hp our fellow TFI an has got, now i get it !!
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd-90-hp/9169-fiat-grande-punto-sport-kempi-3.html#post160112

Btw, fiat deceived the earlier 90hp sport buyers with 14"JK tornados as the stepney while the 75 hp emotion buyers got 15"accelere as stepney tire. now they are onto this duraplus S***.. Why this kolaveri FIAT? that too for the top end premium buyers... what are you gaining so much on this? when fiat is selling a meager 300 units and 90 hp will make up just 10% of that !!
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Is the JK tyres that bad ?? Is FIAT officials that stupid to not think of the quality of the tyre vs Cost factor before putting it on the top premium range cars?? :O
  5. Jk tyres are not bad, very good cheap tyres, I ran almost 16k kms with these tyres in my punto active and its braking and stopping abilities were awesome..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    All i hear from your posts is narrow judgemental views which add nothing to the quality of posting on the forum.

You are calling FIAT stupid because they have fitted JK tyres to the Punto. What would you call GM and Skoda as they fit JK tyres to Cruze and Rapid TDI as well. Both these cars cost a lot more than the Punto.

Yes, the decision to go for JK might not be the best, but to outrightly label FIAT as stupid is stupid itself.
    10 people like this.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    +100, there are too many posts on the forum which is just for the sake of posting. I request the mods to keep an eye on such posts so that forum value is not diluted.

On the tyres, its not easy as going to a corner tyre shop and picking 4-5 tyres for your car. At the plant level these will be in thousands, so the supply criteria will be considered along with cost, specifications, etc. So before labelling a company as stupid (irrespective of which one), a simple thought of what happens in the back ground is very much required.

Even if FIAT comes and gives the best tyres on earth, there will still be people who are cribbing and labeling FIAT as stupid, atrocious, greedy, or whatever.
    4 people like this.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    These are just the cars manufactured for the sports version. Hence the colored RVM + No emotion badge. I guess they ran out of the accessories/Stickers and hence are sending out cars without the same. Dealers who have Stickers/pedals in stock can put them ON and sell it as sports or sell it off as a 90HP if they don't. Simple.
    1 person likes this.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    My experience with JK tyre was not bad at all. They lasted 45,000 kms in my WagonR, better than Appollo accelere that followed it.

However, the discussion is on 2013 Punto. So my question is, Did any one spot 2013 Linea? I have a 2012 Linea and would like to know what are the upgrades.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    limraj, there is no upgrade for 2013 models, as of now.
    Upgrades will come, in next couple of months, may be after Phase I of new dealership is complete.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.