1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SPORT LOWERING SPRINGS- on Grande Punto

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Nimish antony, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    lowering a punto will be like paying due respect to all humps, potholes and uneven patches. I will salute humps now :D, bow before them and cross them with the left Tyre front then right at an angle where both tires don't approach the hump equally.
    Well since i will have a problem with the lower car i acquired a gypsy last week;)... Now will go for a lift kit for the gypsy.
  2. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    One goes down and the other goes up :cool:;)
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hey Nimish when did that happen ?? I was sure that you will get yourself a Gypsy some time. Never expected it to be so soon. Will call you in the evening to know more whereabouts of the Gypsy.
  4. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    gypsy.jpg

This is the one i got cinju.. It has been bought for entire build up so nothing much to look at. Entire gypsy will be stripped and redone in a year. Will start with the transmission and suspension in September. Then tires and alloys, then body work and finally an engine upgrade and a revamp.
    2 people like this.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats definitely one to look out for, each step.. keep a fine log with pics n cost details for the entire rebuild process. This looks like an old 410W or is it a king itself? Where are you planning the rebuild, cochin itself?
    I bumped upon this page in fb some months back, building so many good droolworthy zukis ...just for ref :- http://www.facebook.com/BuildingUpGypsy .

All the best with your build..
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanx for the link Varun. I was telling Nimish that you were referring to a link in FB who does this rebuild. But I was not able to find out the link.
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

the front bumper was reduced.. if u check the international punto.. the curved part on the bumper from the headlight to the grill edge is longer than our punto.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    May be both. Reducing 43mm from front or back will spoil the look.
  9. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    im not going down by 43 mm.. it will be close to 30 mm
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I would love to see how ur punto will be like paying due respect to all humps, potholes and uneven patches on our way to Coimbatore.
    i just came back from b'lore yesterday.. Thrissur Palakkad route the worst... and Palakkad Coimbatore bad ..but better.

Went in my dads Octavia, in some points whatever i do can't stop the bottom from kissin the road..
    same with speed breakers in b'lore..
    this does't work with B'lore speed breakers.. they are like small walls in the road.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

For the South India meet.. we would have to take the longer thrissur-shornnur-ottapalam-palakkad route to coimbatore..