1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SPORT LOWERING SPRINGS- on Grande Punto

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Nimish antony, Jul 30, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I totally agree with you Nimish. That is the reason why I am also not interested for the GC kit for my Linea.
  2. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    15inch alloys require 15 inch tires and 17 inch tires require 17 inch alloys. The GC would come down if you use the lower springs. Pictures of the same will be posted soon. Im yet to get my weekend to go get my car done.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Bilstiens dont have springs they have only the entire suspension. B14 which is height adjustable will cost you something around 70K. I opted for Vogtland since it was much more affordable.

3. My Bad My Bad. From the above reply, I thought with 17 Inch alloy and 15 inch tyre the GC was increased :confused:. To my knowledge I know it is not possible, but I thought I am not aware of 17 alloy - 15 tyre combination :uh.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I liked your spirit for perfection towards Punto. Nice to see whatever Fiat India had compromised, you are uncompromising on them:)
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    If you've not fitted it on to you're car already can you please post a few pics of the before/after mod (From as many angles as possible?)
    1 person likes this.
  6. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Im yet to fit it. Im doing a side lip skirt and rear diffuser. Once that's done the springs will get fitted. It might be done this weekend. Shall post pics

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Fiat had showcased the GP sport at the Auto show with 17inch alloys, lowered stance, panoramic sunroof, subtle body kit, smart graphics and a great interior. But when they launched the Punto it was with a fgt and 75 later came up with a VGT 90 and now the sport with minor cosmetic upgrades on the 90.
    The sport character was never shown in this mesmerizer design. It had the potential for upgrade as showcased. I just thought of bringing back the original character and complete the project Grande Punto Sport

1 person likes this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It would have been perfect with the extra 47mm length that Europen punto has. With a lowered suspension the look will be a killer on roads. I am not able to see exactly how they reduced the length. From front or back. May be Kedar who is in UK will be able to tell that.
  8. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    I heard that they have redesigned the rear bumper to shorten the length to make it under 4m
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Seems like Nimish would soon go in for an Engine upgrade too ..say an MJD 2 :up. Nimish when you lower, be careful with the front lips too. More chances of scraping. Any idea how much 'mm' would you be losing from the current set up after you put on the new springs?

:nicethread
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I have seen, near Vadakara, one high end BMW that is too slow on humps and the moment it cross it moves ahead like a rocket. I was about to overtake it and in no time it will be in next hump pushing me to back and it did it repeatedly many times. Now Nimish has to do this way for not scrapping the bottom.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012