1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SPORT LOWERING SPRINGS- on Grande Punto

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Nimish antony, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    I had been searching for a sport lowering spring for my GP since the time i had upgraded to 17. Well as usual my hunt continued and was in search of a sport suspension that would not affect the ride quality. Then i came across the brand called Vogtland.

VOGTLAND FIAT GP Sport Spring sets that are made in Germany and give your GP improved dynamic handling, better cornering and a dynamic appearance. This means better appearance with maximum driving comfort in normal operation and sporty, progressive tuning at the operating limits. The special driving dynamics are achieved by the innovative spring design as the manufacturer claims.

The lower center of gravity provides greater handling and increases driving fun for any car and the punto with the greatest suspension on a hatchback is put to test. These springs are specially calibrated for the FIAT GP model for a well-balanced driving comfort and more sportive dynamics.

These springs are designed to give you an approximate 35 mm

About Vogtland sourced from the net

VDF VOGTLAND, a family owned company was founded in 1908 in Hagen-Hohenlimburg Germany. Today VOGTLAND is an international spring manufacturer comprised of three operating units:
    VOGTLAND Autosport develops, markets and distributes premium automotive accessories worldwide. Our primary focus is on developing high qu ality suspension products, such as lowering springs, sport suspension kits and height adjustable kits. These high quality products are produced at our plant headquarters in Hagen Germany.

At VOGTLAND, we have focused on providing premium quality aftermarket high performance suspension, OE automotive and industrial springs.

Well i got a chance to get one for my GP and pictures are posted. Will be installing them this weekend and shall post the entire write up then. photo(2).jpg [/ATTACH] photo(3).jpg

photo.jpg photo(4).jpg photo(1).jpg
    14 people like this.
  2. Anish_A

Anish_A

Bangalore
    Wow.................Nimish this ones gonna b a good mod. :)

Anish
  3. Does the GC increases or Decreases with 17 Inch alloys and the new springs combination ????
  4. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Ground clearance will increase with the 17inch alloys and tires from the normal 15. The car looks like an suv now. So i planned to lower it for better stance, cornering and hi speed stability.
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Team-energy again? How much is the cost :D
  6. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    well its not team energy. I just got my grille done by them and was fed up with their service and quality of workmanship. My car is always done by 0-100 the performance store which does all calls for Kochin Motor Hub (KMH).

The springs were imported by UrbanR and cost me 21 thousand.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    When people are going for the GC kit to increase the GC, you have got a kit to lower the stance of your Punto. Interesting mod indeed. :)
    2 people like this.
  8. I didnt know the tires from 15 In alloys will suit a 17 alloy. That is good. So by installing the new coils the GC would come down to the stock measurements ? I am gonna hooked to this thread.

BTW before you install the new coils, why not share the Current SUVic Punto pictures or URL, really excited to see how a Punto looks in a SUV stance.
  9. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Personally i didn't find the punto to be low. I have driven the new 90hp Sport and found out that the hi GC has spoiled the fun of the car. I think im the only guy who was talking about lowering when people are talking about an upgrade kit. :uh

1 person likes this.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow. congos nimish !! This is meaan.. cant wait to see it ! this looks way too affordable than the other bilsteins n all which are really off the peak !!

@srida... hey he changed the tires also when he put the 17 inch alloys !! how can 15" tyre fit in 17" alloy !! :O