1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Spoiler for Punto in Mumbai!

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by raj_90hp, Mar 10, 2012.

1. raj_90hp

Guys, I am planning to add a rear spoiler in my Punto. I really liked the Fiat original accessory one. But showroom guys are asking 6k which includes painting. Thats a bit too much, I am ready to shell out 3k.

I can only think of 2 options -

1) Go for an aftermarket spoiler. Mumbai guys, please help me with this. Where can I get a good spoiler? What will be the cost including painting? Will it look good like the OEM spoiler? I would prefer a clip on spoiler provided it fits well, does not rattle & the clips are hidden behind rather than on the sides. If i get a veru good spoiler, I dont mind drilling as well, provided no issues like water leak or rusting crops up later!

2) Go for the original FIAT spoiler for 4k & then instead of painting it for 2k, get a black vinyl job done on it for maybe 500 bucks. My car has a black roof, so I want a black spoiler. But I am not sure how well the vinyl job will be considering the spoiler is not a flat surface & will have lots of curves & creases.

Please suggest something friends.
  2. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Grande Punto 1.4
    go for the original spoiler and get it painted at a some decent local garage for much less. Nowadays computerised paint matching/car model specific paint matching are easily in the database of local garages aswell.

The authorised service center guys use indian make paints (not sure ...hmmm but i think its asian automotive paints stuff). They have the colour matching codes for various shades of fiat cars...if you can some how take it from them, then the local garagewalla can do it accurately i guess.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

hey...but for the body works (if any) preferably stick to the authorised service center for warranty and workmanship/quality issues.

this suggestion is just for coating plastic-fibre parts which is purely aesthetic. ::T
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I will not suggest to buy OEM spoiler. It need drilling and some adhesive to fit it on car. Once you fix this on your car you cant remove it.

Go for aftermarket spoiler which is available with Clip fitting. Check my ownership review for spoiler :)
  4. Kedar is there to guide you so dont worry, he is ready to help you for any help needed.......... :)
  5. raj_90hp

Thanks friends. Does such a spoiler look good? Also, wont the clips loosen with time & start rattling?
  6. shams

shams Esperto

I have OEM spoiler on my punto and it compliments the car so well that I have never ever thought about removing it :)
  7. raj_90hp

Guys how will this spoiler look on my Punto. I have a white Punto with a black roof & so I am confused whether I should get a white spoiler or a black one! I am getting this for Rs. 3500/- with installation. Its a clip on type.

Please note that I am talking about the top lip spoiler only, not the one above the FIAT insignia.

1 person likes this.