1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Speedometer needle below 0 in Linea

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sonofpoi, Oct 19, 2014.

1. sonofpoi

sonofpoi Timido

Delhi
    Hi All,

I have a Fial Linea 2010 and which has done 92k+ Kms. Couple of questions:

1. The Right head light seems to have gone darker, the crome/reflectors inside has lost its shine. It looks like a simple cleanup of headlight can do the job. However, when i check with Fiat Service centre, as per them the headlight cannot be opened and should be replaced with new one. Any idea if any aftermarket job can be done to just open the headlight and clean the inside area?

2. The speedometer needle is showing below 0 value, which is causing the speed to show a difference of atleast 10 KMPH less while driving. I never noticed it till pointed out by the service guy after my 90K routine service. Not sure if it was there before i gave it for service or not. Now as per the service center the only option to correct it is to replace the complete unit which might cost Rs 15k+. Has anyone experience the same issue and got it rectified? or is there any simple way to get it corrected instead of replacing the complete unit?

Appreciate your advice. Thanks!
  2. sonofpoi

sonofpoi Timido

Delhi
    No body experienced similar issues?
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have a look at this thread - http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/linea-headlight-lens-darkening.305/.
    I am not sure how much it costs, but better to get it changed, specially if you drive or plan to drive on highways.
    I don't recall anyone reported this issue on forum. But you can ignore this for now, seems to me, cost is too high.
  4. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Agree with @Ravi 15K+ cost seems to be too high for the kind of issue you have with speedometer needle. Practically speaking how many times do we see at speedometer and 10 kmph difference issue can be managed without any harm. About headlights, suggest you to get it replaced since the reflectors within headlight casing itself has got damaged, its very risky to drive with such headlights.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Keep looking in used spares market or ask local mechanics to look for the same. If you get lucky and find one for cheap changing it is much more affordable. And you can have the accurate speed indication again.
  6. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Have you verified it is displaying less value compared to actual speed? You can take a help of applications available in app store.
  7. Guru_mprasad

Guru_mprasad Amatore

Chennai
    @ sonofpoi. Please go through my thread posted for the Speedo meter problem which I resolved myself.
    http://teamfiat.com/threads/resolve...-work-with-a-simple-100rs-screw-driver.13413/

The headlamp console can be opened and polished with chrome which I have done through a car detailing guy. Coated me 1000 RS.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 27, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 27, 2014 ---
    Turn the ignition key on, then see if the Speedo needle shows 0. If it is still below 0 then it is a problem you may follow my thread.