1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Speed Limit for New Car??

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Pravin Ebenezer N, Apr 9, 2015.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    True Saket,
    There are many arguments which say that modern diesels can be exempted from idling however I too strongly believe that idlying on cold starts and after sprinted drives. I also make sure that I do not hit the turbo zone until the engine reaches the optimum temperatures (thanks to the thermostat on the dashboard which most of the manufacturers are omitting now a days). The technique maybe old school however Iam strongly in favor of these methods to ensure that the turbo is well oiled before and after we get it spinning with heavier throttle inputs.
  2. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Should it not be "able to hit 100 km/hr a little above 2k rpm" instead? GP does a 100 in fifth at 2500 rpm, while EVO 90 does it at 2300 rpm if I am not wrong?
  3. driveit

driveit Amatore

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Evo 90 will reach 100 well below 2500 rpm. Initially I used to maintain below 90 for 1k then started increasing slowly, but at times (about 2 mins tried to go beyond 140) increase the speed. So far no issues and I have completed 7.5k within 4 months.

You will love it once you get out of the city!!
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Evo 75 or 90, it should hit 100 kmph at 2500 rpm in 5th gear.
    shams likes this.
  5. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

@ramjn : found this from nkrishnap's review of the 2014 Punto EVO 75.
    "The 75HP now does 100 kmph at 2300 odd rpm on the speedo. However, the Torque app proved it otherwise, the true speed of 100 kmph comes close to 2490 rpms"