1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Speed Car wash @ Wakad, Pune

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by me_at_fiat, May 28, 2013.

1. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Normally all sunday mornings are little bit laid back. Things move really slow for me as, on weekends I am in complete relaxed mode:drinks.
    However last Sunday was something different. When i picked up the TOI then as usual whole bunch of a advertising pamphlet fell down. I looked at it and just continued with reading the news paper. After 5 mins i saw my 13 months old daughter who was playing with those pamphlets making sounds like "bhuurrrrr..bhurrr". She normally makes this sound when we are travelling in the car or when she see our Punto. I looked at her thinking why she is making that sound even though we are not any way near to the car. She just smiled back
    (By the way it's a million $ smile:wow). I looked closely and found that she is playing the pamphlet which had Car printed on it.

I quickly checked it and found it interesting. It was a pamphlet for new CAR-WASH service here in wakad. After going through some more details i decided to visit this place as it was just 1km away from my home. The pamphlet was taking about 3 packages of car wash,
    1. Silver
    2. golden
    3. Platinum
    4. Paint protection treatment etc.

Golden one included:

• Complete Vacuuming of Interiors
    • Foot Mat Cleaning
    • Foam Cleaning of exterior & Polishing
    • Tyres Arches Cleaning
    • Under Body Wash
    • Enginge Hot Water/Steam WashSide Door Cleaning & Polishing
    • Dash Board Cleaning & Polishing
    • Car Perfume Spray
    • Tyre & Alloy Polishing
    • Scratch Proof Windshield Spray

It had some more details that they are using all Imported machinery and bla bla...:rolleyes:
    I called up my friend and we decided to give a quick visit. Reached there in next 20 Mins and started checking out the whole setup. The owner himself showed lot of interest and best thing he knew about TFI and team-bhp. It definitely boosted my confidence that they can give a good treatment to our cars. We kept looking at diff machines and materials they will be using. He also said "I tried to register on the forums but they didn't allowed me. Is it that difficult to register on the forum??" I just smiled back.

After checking the details was interested in the cost part of it. Then learned that,
    Gold wash costs some 450/- Bucks
    Where as Silver costs some 250/- to 300/- Bucks for the small cars. First impression --> Prices are well sorted out. Now need to check about the quality. He even shared the complete Rate card with me but i think i have lost it somewhere. Luckily at the same time one guy just walked in with his all dirty/messed up white Indica Vista. We thought lets wait for some time more and check if this all will really work??

They quickly parked the car at desired location and started cleaning it. Guys let me tell you the end result was simple mind blowing. Rather than washing the CAR at those local washing center which charge anywhere between 200-250/- bucks this car center is way way better bet. I cant see my car washed using Diesel and some cheap Shampoo or getting wiped with those muddy cloths:punch. Where with each wash they gift us with some more minor scratches.

Before leaving, we just shared a big smile and a warm hand shake thinking that soon will get my babe washed here. From there we went straight to Hinjewadi to check out the Automatic car wash, Frankly i didn't liked it. Somehow felt that the bristles used to washed the car were too hard and they will scratch the paint easily and finally human touch matter the most.

On very next day my friend called me up at 8.00 Pm saying he just got his swift washed at Speed wash and now he feels like he should take her home in flat bed truck. He said she is looking like brand new, better than the day i picked her up. He paid some 250-300/- Bucks. Learned from the friend that the owner has left his well paid job and got it in to businesses to full fill his dreams after completing his MBA::T. I did a quick check on the net about speed car wash and found their website.Automatic Car Wash | Car Wash Business | Car Wash Franchise | Car Cleaning Equipments

I don't have any picks as of now but may be in next 2-3 days i will get my babe washed in this center and will update you all with the pre and post pics.
    So, people who stays near to Wakad, Please do visit this place, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

This place is located at:
    Balwadkar Auto Services (HP Petrol Pump), Near Sayaji Hotel, Mumbai Banglore Highway,Wakad, Pune.
    Phone : 9011595100
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    If anyone happens to visit this car wash then please do share your experience!!!
  3. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Finally got my car washed at Speed wash. Sharing the pics Guys do give it a try.
    before car wash :

this is how they do under body wash. No need for ramp. The pressure is really high and they use 60-40% water-air mixture. So in all it blast away all the dirt and muck. by the way the gentleman in the pic is the owner of speed car wash. :D

Washing the alloys from inside too!!

Engine bay is washed with the very light spray no water force at all..and water used is HOT water..

First pressure wash

followed by FOAM wash

Now last wash

Windows cleaned by wiper

As a goodwill gesture owner cleaned some part of the rare seat which was spoiled by my nephew. Final result --> Big smile on my face.

Dash board gets a spray of quick detailer

small things like tyre polish is applied quickly at the end and final result almost brand new nicely washed FIAT!!!!! and BIG BIG smile on my face.
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
    5 people like this.
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Looks stunning after the wash, get a deal for Pune TFI's.

How i wish we had one in south bangalore ! I know only of 3M and they fleece money and now a days they have govt. (dont care) attitude.
  5. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    off late quite a many TFIans have washed there cars at SPEED CAR WASH and all of them are really happy with the overall work which is carried out.. SO do make it a point to visit this car wash once you are around wakad or hinjewadi.:)
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Agree with Tinesh, it is a very good washing center and found VFM,
    Below are the videos of nov month. When I took my palio for quick wash. The crew then were very energetic and sensible.
    Now I feel the degrade in the quality. Mahesh's car got 2 scratches becasue of the negligence. You have to constantly monitor them.
    Owner shreyas is a good and humble person.

But stricktly no to the Polishing :(
    1 person likes this.