1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Special tax on diesel cars may increase prices by Rs 2.55 lakh

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Jun 13, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    What i feel is that the govt is filled with kids..
    They first make a foolish amendment that hurts the common man then to cover up a mistake they make many more in the due course and ultimately hitting the common man only.

These idiots are thinking of bringing in tax for all diesel cars now so does that mean they will reduce the price hike in diesel cars that was brought in only a few months ago?
    Now the whole reason of hiking the diesel cars price was to cover up this mess, which now has clearly failed. So will they revoke it ? NO!

I cannot believe the ill fate of every citizen here..
    GOI , WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
  2. Very rightly said mate...Well the thing is if our so called netas if atleast had some basic educational qualification,they could differentiate between the good and the bad,right and wrong etc.But in India most of them belong from backgrounds which is better left unsaid,their educational qualification is nothing too much to speak about.So our country is run by these fine young men,who have the responsibility of looking after us,the common ppl.But the saddest part is they end up looking after themselves and stash whatever they can in foreign accounts.And result is in front of us,the rich gets richer,the middle class either becomes rich or poor,and the poor the poorer.I love my INDIA,I cant do anything in the real world to change anything,just speak my heart out here with my fellow tfi'ans.Sorry for going offtopic
  3. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    Excise duty hike on diesel cars soon?

The government is examining proposals to increase excise duty on diesel cars, Parliament was informed today.
    In a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha on whether the government is contemplating to increase excise duty on diesel cars, Minister of State Finance, S S Palanimanickam said, "Representations have been received by the government for increasing excise duty on diesel cars. These are under examination".
    He further said, "The requests have been justified on the ground that diesel cars are more polluting and consume subsidised diesel providing unintended benefit to diesel car users".
    The minister, quoting Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) said the total number of petrol and diesel cars together sold in the domestic market in 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12 was 15.28 lakh, 19.73 lakh and 20.16 lakh respectively.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  4. unintended benefit to diesel car owners? haven't the diesel car owner already paid a lakh for the diesel engine, increasing the tax etc that reaches the govt? the words used convey the idea that diesel owners are depleting, or may be, robbing the country of its resources.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I have heard in Malayalam news that government is thinking about increasing diesel and LPG prices step by step. Anyone heard about it?
  6. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    Yep i have heard that....think its in Asianet..
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Yes it was in Asianet news.
  8. i believe increasing the diesel prices could be more justified than hiking the taxes on diesel cars.

but seriously, the govt should bring out the account/balance sheets of those oil companies, and convince the public WHY they think the oil firms are suffering cuz the petrol price is JUST 79-80 and diesel is JUST 45. just because the price was 75 six months back, and 78 three months back, it doesn't mean it should be 82 the next month.

i don't know how many countries are there with such skewed ideologies and ideas. diesel price 45 rs, petrol 80 rs. diesel cars gonna be 10 lakhs, petrol car 6 lakhs.
    1 person likes this.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am agree with you Rahul :)

I read somewhere that Diesel price is going to be increased by Rs. 5.
  10. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Don't take these news seriously. I have been hearing such news since last one year and nothing has happened yet. This is "mili jhuli sarkar" of 17 parties. They do not have right or guts to take any bold decision. They just want to show everyone that they are working on something. By the time MMS can decide something, his term will be over. New government will have their own time to settle down.

This government is very much inspired by FIAT. How???? They can only talk about new things, but can not do them. :lol:
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
    3 people like this.