1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Speaker upgrade for Punto Dynamic

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by nand_nand, Jul 9, 2014.

1. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi All,

I know this thread is a repeated one and there are extensive threads that talks about after market ICE, but my doubt is whether we can replace the speakers without cutting any wire? My punto completed third free service recently and company warranty is over. I am currently running on extended warranty. I had changed my HU last year to Pioneer and till now I am very much happy about it as the sound has improved a bit with stock Delphi speakers.

But now I have decided to change the speakers as I am seeing some degrade in the sound quality also some werid sound coming from the front speakers.

Can someone suggest some decent set of speakers for all the four doors and which can be installed without cutting any wires?

I am thinking of getting it done in torque indra nagar, but if someone knows any other shop where they do a better job with door damping kindly let me know.

Thanks in advance.

-nanda
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I can only say, speaker upgrade is must, and since you have changed the HU already, don't worry on wiring cut etc, get it done.

Torque is one good shop, other options are EVO near Domlur, and Sachin's auto shop in Kormangla. May be after you decide speakers, get the price quotes from all and get it done who is quoting lowest (if any).
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is possible to install without splicing any wires.

Go for all four components or 2 components front, 2 back or 2 coax at back and a compact active subwoofer or proper 10-12" subwoofer with compact trapezoidal design. Go for any 4 channel amp that suits your budget.

Blaupunkt CX170 - Front powered from Amp.
    Sony Co-ax for some more bass at rear (driven directly from HU)
    Subwoofer - rear/bridge mode for sub power.
  4. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ravi.. Thanks I shall enquire this weekend on all the shops.. Do you have any suggestions on the speakers?

- - - Merged Post - - -

I am not interested much on sub woofer, i am looking only for all four door speakers. I shall enquire about Balupunkt.Thanks for your inputs,.
    1 person likes this.
  5. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi All,

Need one urgent info.. yesterday I enquired in torque indra nagar showroom and they quoted me 7.5k for jbl component and co axial speakers and 8.5 k for hertz component and co axial speaker's including installation.. I wanted to fit only all four door speakers - no amplifier or woofer.. they guy told me no need to do damping if I am installing speakers.. damping is required only when we install hifi speakers which will cost 30k to 40k..

Can you please let me know if the price if they are offering is good and whether damping is required If I am installing door speakers alone..

News experts advise as I am planning to install today as it is pending for so long..

Thanks for your reply in advance

-Nanda
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes for just speaker, damping can be skipped and you can do that if you plan to put amp and sub. Punto's heavy door helps even if damping is not done.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  7. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Ravi.. :)
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @nand_nand, not having amplifiers for components, is a bad advice. While yes, you can skip dampening for now it is still a worthwhile upgrade, but you can still give it a miss. The whole idea is to augment the clear mids and highs (and bass too to a limited extent). No point in upgrading to component speakers if you don't have the power to drive them.

Better go for two front coaxials for now and later install comp. + amp for all four speakers, you can put the co-ax to rear later.
  9. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anyone has any idea about Auditor speakers.. yesterday torque people said they had hertz.. today they are telling they don't have.. I.opted for auditor..

Also they are pushing me for damping.. is it really required.. they are charging too much for damping 2k per door.. :-(

Expecting some quick reply as installation is in progress..

-Nanda
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ As suggested damping, amps and components are all needed. Half-baked solutions offered by them like fixing components without amp are waste of money. Please post-phone install and don't install stuff in haste. Stick to co-ax if you are not willing for amp and subs later.

Dampmat is a cheaper solution. Just search on forum.