1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Speaker upgrade for a LINEA MJD.

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by jishnu, Jul 21, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    we are dealing with stereo ,2 channels. so 2 channel gets either of them. yes amp does have rca out which goes to sony monoblock.

that sounds like hearsay.
    control in hu provides only comfort of control at finger distance.

my idea of clean sound is shorter cabling and lesser controls. instead of bringing down all cables from HU i would choose 2 channel from HU and mix it or split it at terminations or amplifiers.
    80hz filtered sound out of your head unit maynot be well in phase with the internal filters of subwoofer amplifier what will you do then? i know the ice installers will figure out something this or that to please your ears.

i cannot imagine a reason why oem should sound so bad when the internal dac and other circuitry is almost same.
    i am wondering what kind of sonic inferiority are you experiencing from oem hu?
    to make it clear i will say oem flat eq does not sound flat to me . it sounds like ancient valve radio without proper bass and high presence from speaker out but it is a different thing at pre out level..
    one which i ever found much better was a blaupunkt and an old sanyo player.
    and so called sony pioneer always sound bright to extreme bright to me even their loud speakers and subwoofers sounds crazy. neither of them sounded flat nor normal. whichever i have ever heard sounded with over emphasized treble and boomy bass . even in basic flat settings they sounded tweaked ,most of the time i had to use attenuator to bring it to normal level.
    yes the shopkeeper looked puzzled and stared at me as if looking at a fool when i said his expensive pioneer HU wasnt the kind of my taste.

my taste of sound is clean sound .in home i have marantz sacd player and cambridge audio dvd player going through 7 channel power amps driving vifa peerless speakers and 15inchx2 jbl subwoofers. though oem head unit of punto cannot sound as good as my cambridge audio dvd player but it is not bad either.

what i find unacceptable is integration of usb reader which is totaly wierd and not userfriendly.
  2. hemantchourey

hemantchourey Timido

bhopal
    Speaker quality is issue

i own linea emotion 2012 and i am not happy with speaker output

Totally confussed what is issue speaker or the HU ,thinking about replacing speakers but worried if it can damage warranty
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Please do search before creating a new thread.

For starters, search "Speaker upgrade" in the search-box of the Forum. You will have plenty of results.

Cheers.
  5. I bought my Linea 2012 on July-2nd[manufactured on April-2012] and now the rear left speaker started giving vibrating sound[grrr] during each punch. Although i didn't increase the volume beyond 5. But have to bear with it for another year.:(
    There are many discussions going on about this major issue. As gurjinder and prakhar lfc said, go through it and you will have many better options to go with.

Meanwhile I heard somewhere that FIAT is gonna give a speaker upgrade option as the previous GC kit upgrade. I just gone through it once and don't remember the source.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Very interesting. What kind of upgrade that would be? Double grrr???

Why would anyone look at the manufacturer for the speaker upgrade? Some are happy with what is given and some are not. The needy will always upgrade to good quality speakers. No, definitely not from Fiat. :)
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    2 people like this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    As FIAT rivets the speakers to the door - makes it highly unlikely for them to offer an upgrade later. Must be just another rumor. Like the impending arrival of the Bravo since 2009. :)

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Please delete the thread. Hate to see multiple threads scattered over the same topic. :(