1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Speaker upgrade for a LINEA MJD.

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by jishnu, Jul 21, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Jishnu, do not add this sir thing next time buddy. Call me Yashik/yb/paddleshifter etc.

Well, Emotion pack can be AMPed as well. You can take speaker level input for a 4 channel amp from the front speakers. Then you can connect front comps with amp while allowing rear co-axs to be powered from the HU itself as in stock situation. Rest 2 channels can be bridged to power a sub as per your liking.

Problem is that we need to feed some input to the amp so that it knows when the car is being switched off so that it can switch on-switch off along with the car. If not done, it will keep itself switched on 24x7 leading to battery drain.

I think Viny and Jayadev had once discussed a solution for wmotion pack and a wire can be plugged into the same aux in socket along with the blue and me connectors. Another option is to take power from ACC but no one here in Chandigarh knows how to do that without splicing or cutting a wire.
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Ok! Paddleshifter! :) Thanks for the solution, but it seems complicated! :D But lemme just figure it out..
    Regards,
    Jishnu
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Jishnu you can add Blaupunkt THA 475 PnP ( Plug and Play ) amp to Headunit.

This is recommended by the Authorised Blaupunkt Dealer from Pune. I am going to put it in my 90HP in future.
    50% discount is going on this amp at Pune Authorised Service Center of Blaupunkt, the MRP is Rs 18500 and the discounted price is near abt Rs. 8500-9000

Here is the link for your reference

http://www.blaupunktdirect.co.uk/incar-amplifiers/tha-475-pnp-plug-and-play-amplifier.html
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks kedar bhai! :) But the problem is the dealers here in bangalore do not know anything about the normal speakers properly, i wonder they'll know about this! :D hehe!!
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot :) Will search! :)
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i will do something for you ...hope it will help greatly (to some)
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In Bangalore, official distributor and service center is Mandovi Motors, Wilson Garden.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i hope pic speaks for itself what to and where. so explanation is not required. being an electronic geek it is piece of cake for me to do all such hacking but may not be very easy for all of you guys. but using this pics as reference and with a reliable electronics technician you can make or break your oem ice setup.
    believe me the punto oem ice is great better than many 12000+rs cd players available in market( look at the quality of pcb). only glitch is it is short of heat controll due to lack of space so short of power.otherwice an excellent product.

front.jpg

back.jpg

board.jpg

conxn.jpg

rem cnxn.jpg

rem cnxn side.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No Jayadev ji, I did not even looked at those pics properly. That is some professional fiddling. :D
    I can do this to human bodies only.

I will not advise this stuff to anybody who is not more than 101.28% confident in coming out clean with such modification.

P.S.- Hats off to you Jayadev. :) I hope I will come up with some other solution by October 2011.