1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Speaker upgrade for a LINEA MJD.

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by jishnu, Jul 21, 2011.

1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Can anyone tell, can we fit 6.5" Components on the front doors and 4" on the rear doors??
    Regards,
    Jishnu
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Jishnu, i think there are threads where there is a mention of the sizes used. Have a search.

Phew and others are the right ones to show you the path.
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    6.5 is straight fit for the front doors. Rears take 5.25 easy but you can fix 6.5 as well with spacer rings.
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks for the help people!
    Regards,
    Jishnu
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Here is a picture of the Speakers i bought today! :)

Photo1822.jpg
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Today got those Speakers changed!! They are of 20W only!! :( Anyhow those Comp's are really great! Sound is awesome! But i was shocked to know that we cannot add Amp to the stock head unit! It that true? Please throw some light on this!
    Regards,
    Jishnu

P2203_23-07-11.jpg
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Absence of preouts is the main culprit for not being able to connect an amp, ur best solution is a HLA converter

Ginger-Bread
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Jishnu, do you have an Emotion variant or an Emotion pack. Adding an amp to Emotion HU is a breeze and just a plug and play type operation as the free/unused AUX-in connectors at the back can be used for giving signal output to the amp for switch on/switch off along with the Head Unit.

AMP-ing the Emotion Pack is a bit tricky.
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    @phew- Thanks Sir! I'll try to figure out that converter..
    @paddleshifter- Sir, I've the emotion pack variant...So that guy said, it's not possible to fit.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Jishnu, do not add this sir thing next time buddy. Call me Yashik/yb/paddleshifter etc.

Well, Emotion pack can be AMPed as well. You can take speaker level input for a 4 channel amp from the front speakers. Then you can connect front comps with amp while allowing rear co-axs to be powered from the HU itself as in stock situation. Rest 2 channels can be bridged to power a sub as per your liking.

Problem is that we need to feed some input to the amp so that it knows when the car is being switched off so that it can switch on-switch off along with the car. If not done, it will keep itself switched on 24x7 leading to battery drain.

I think Viny and Jayadev had once discussed a solution for wmotion pack and a wire can be plugged into the same aux in socket along with the blue and me connectors. Another option is to take power from ACC but no one here in Chandigarh knows how to do that without splicing or cutting a wire.