1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Spares not available for Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Rajesh_Karunanithi, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Hi All,

I had purchased a FIAT PUNTO 1.3MJD Emotion Pack on 6th Oct 2011. From the word go i had got lot of issues with this car. But i am a crazy fan of fiat that i did not want to make an issue of this. But a month ago the horn in my car stopped working and then the right front and the left rear speakers started vibrating. I took my car to the service center and informed them my concerns. The TATA service center (Concorde motors) here in Chennai, informed me that they have placed the order for the spare part on 7th Nov 2011. The spares placed on order were a combination switch for the horn failure and a speaker set for the speakers vibration. The spares were not dispatched by fiat till 2nd Dec 2011. I had filed a complaint with Fiat regarding the delay in dispatch and have a complaint number documented. The parts arrived the service center on 5th Dec 2011, and on 6th i took my car to replace the spares.

The Service center guys took 6hrs to replace these 2 parts, but the worst part its after the replacement the indicators auto cut-off is not working anymore and even the new speakers are vibrating too. I spoke to the service people today and they are informing me that they have to again place an order for the replacement and they are not sure how long will it take for them to get the replacement. My car is just 2 months old, so is it possible for me to contact some top level guy in fiat, who could get this fixed. (Please don't suggest me to call customer care, as they are of no use and i had already had enough with them). If refer me to some responsible guy in fiat who could atleast give me the actuals on this. I reside in Chennai, is there any kind of Branch office of fiat here? Were i could meet and talk to some fiat representative who has the authority to get me some valid info.

Please help me with this.

Regards,
    Rajesh Karunanithi
    Fiat Grande Punto 1.3MJD Emotion Pack
  2. dear Rajesh,

Indeed sad to hear your experience. FIAT has to go a long way in after sales service and customer satisfaction. There is already a thread detailing FIAT contact lists. Escalate the matter to high officials. NO USE IN REGISTERING COMPLAINT AT CUSTOMER CARE.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do you like the stock speakers first of all? We TFIans have some 150-200 Punto/Linea speakers with us that were removed for better speakers. I would recommend that change all four stock speakers with aftermarket speakers. It's a one time investment of 6000-8000.

You can get 6.5 inch components in the front and 6.5 inch co-axials for rear doors. JBL/Rockford Fosgate/Hertz DSK make good comps and co-axials.

Horn switch and indicator stalk is definitely an issue and you should send a mail to Mangesh and cc it to one more FIAT official.
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Which service Center you are frequenting? Concorde Ambattur?
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Best thing is to avoid concorde, take it to VST or TAFE and hopefully they should fix the problem. As far as the speakers please throw them in garbage they are fit for nothing. Get a good component speaker in front changed and you will find a sea of difference.

Why this kolaveri on Fiat

7. Hi,

First of all I thank you for replying on my post. Spending to get after sales speaker is not a big deal. But i just have this huge concern that when there are so many complaints registered on this issue. and even after getting to know about the quality of the speakers that are shipped, why is FIAT still not doing anything about it. Any ways as u said i'm just thinking of throwing these speakers in the garbage and planning to go for new components. Please do let me know, which will be the best components to go for.

Regards,
    Rajesh Karunanithi

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Concorde ECR

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Why did you pay for the spares, when your car was under warranty? If we start to live with this, then i don't think that they will ever improve on their service. We should actually find a way to escalate this in such a level that, FIAT should understand that it should retain its customers to survive in the market.

Regards,
    Rajesh Karunanithi

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

I Reside in Madipakkam. Please let me know, which will be the nearest VST or TAFE service center for me.

Regards,
    Rajesh Karunanithi
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think you misunderstood on the spare part replacement. The damage was caused due to a minor mishap on the road. No manufacturer will cover this under warranty.

Rajesh, rather than thinking about the nearest, think about the better service centre. Concorde ECR is the worst of the lot in Chennai. Please avoid it. Go to VST or TAFE. Both should be same distance for you.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  9. Sure Ram, Will do that. But I just have a concern, since this is a new car (just 60 days old). Will it be OK if I switch service center, since Concorde has replaced the spare, will TAFE or VST be able to track the records. And sorry on the misunderstanding of the spare replacement of your car.

Regards,
    Rajesh Karunanithi
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I could take your car to any Authorized service centre in India right after the purchase. Don't worry about it. I bought my car from VST but all the services were done by TAFE till this date.