1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Spare Parts Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by bhai, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ex. FIAT UNO owners might have know FIAT uses Shock-Absorber made by COPEF (Made in Brazil)

Copef sturt is used at assly.line of FIAT factory. When I was owing UNO I had replaced front sturts twice.
    Each time I got OEM sturt made by COPEF. Currently my GP has also COPEF sturt.

Today I saw front Shock-Absorber of GP at my dealer.
    I shocked to see that FIAT has started to supply 2nd quality sturt made by Endurance (Made in India)

I compared both sturts. COPEF sturt is heavy & sturdy than Endurance.

One teamfiat member had mentioned about 2nd quality of Clutch Plate. He has mentioned that factory fitted clutch plate is sturdy. But some components of Spare Part lot clutch are made by plastic.

Means FIAT uses top class spares at Assly.line only. & is supplying low quality spares in dealer network.. :A

FIAT are you listening ? Stop this non-sense. :hit
    GP & Linea are so high-class cars that they will never run properly on Indian spares. Isn't it ?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Since Fiat India has plans to increase localization and keep the customers happy by providing cheap spares, the quality bound to get a hit. You can't have both.
  3. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    But at what cost? And more important question is - Is it acceptable to 'us - Fiatians'? :shock:
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    What test did you carry out to check that COPEFis better. Just heavyness of an item does not mean or result in better or better performance.

Fiat would have "obviously" carried out test to ensure the quality of the Endurance sturts. And only if the results were comparable, then they would have sanctioned it for spares. Obviously, the advantage would be , it being indian, the cost would be less for Fiat and the Consumer both.

Please do not speculate on the quality of the product based on "it being Indian".
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Too early to comment on performance of Indian Spares vis a vis Foreign spares. Can anybody else (who have had their struts changed confirm about the brand ?)

In fact : most cars have had problems with factory fitted spares (numerous reports / posts about tie rods being changed, strut mounts being changed) And after fitting spares at the dealership : problems have been resolved.

I think let's not speculate. We need some credible evidence here.

@ Bhai : do you have any photographs of the two different parts ? (indian and imported ?)
  6. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Are you sure its not the dealer trying to sell cheap parts? :hit
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1 to countrock

How credible is the dealer ?

@bhai : get the part number and the price too
  8. Bhai, are there any compliants reported on the quality of these spares ?
    Or are you upset ONLY with the weight of 'made in Brazil' and 'Made in India' spares !

Some pictures of the Good and bad quality spares would definetly help the forum members.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Amogh
    I did not have photographs of Indian & Imported. But I checked operating. While I was checking it by pressing it.
    Little amount of oil splashed outside. ::OO

Endurance might have applied some oil on Steel Shaft of sturt to prevent corrison. (Sorry for spell Mistake any)

Price was Rs.1800/- (Only Sturt) w/o Coil Spring & Elastic Pad.

But I clearly noticed that Indian one was light & little bit poor build quality.
    Because of high kerb weight of GP it should have imported COPEF.

I checked Sturts of my M Swift Dzire. It is made by someone " Munjal Showa" If Dzire can run this "Munjal Showa" then GP/Linea should run fine on this Endurance. Weight differance is only 25 KG. Dzire 1105 Kg. GP 1130 Kg

BTW Endurance is not bad brand. But it is famous in 2 wheeler industry only.
    So Iam in some doubt about performance of Endurance.

@ Countrock
    The sturt was in FIAT packing. I think FIAT is supplying loose sturt (Only sturt) of Endurance lot.

We can get Complete sturt Assly.( Sturt + Elastic Pad+Coil Spring) made by COPEF.
  10. Bhai, why the thread title "low quality spares by FIAT" ??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.