1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

South India Meet

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by N Kiran, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

There has been a long discussion about a National meet, but I have no clue what happened to it.
    Though I am intrested in meeting fellow members from other parts of the country, I was one among the few member who thought that
    a National meet is not feasable for members all over the country to participate given the distance one has to travel to the common meet point.

And so, I would like to propose a South India meet where TFIans from all the 4 states (AP, TN, Karnataka and Kerala) would be participating.
    Members from other states if intrested are more than welcome to join as well.

The meet can be conducted based on the intrest and inputs given by other members.

Where :
    A long weekend trip to any place which is most feasable and at a common distance from capitals of all 4 states would be best.

When :
    Dec last weekend and what better way to celebrate the New Year's Eve but in a Grand TFI event.

I know Dec 31st is more than 2 months away, but to plan, communicate and organise such a huge meet (hoping a tremendous turnout) 2 months should be a reasonable time.

More inputs needed from all the members if intrested in this proposal.
  2. Very good idea....

Has to be a grand success since we will have many members from the 4 states and also other states if they want to join us.

Lets start now itself or else by Dec we wont have anyone.... :)
  3. shams

shams Esperto

very good idea.. looks like bangalore is the place equidistant from other locations..
    more suggestions please!!
  4. Sounds good .. I would like to count myself in :)
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Many of you would have had attended a lot of local meets. I assume you would be having contact of all the members from your individual city. I request you to contact your fellow members and update them and ask for their opinion and suggestions about the South India Meet.

Also the following inputs would be much appreciated.
    1. Suggested place for meet
    2. Approximate Distance from all 4 cities
    3. Accomodation, food facilities and approx. price

The drive to the meet is as much important as the meeting point.
    So lets consider a place which has very good approach routes for all 4 cities. Not the best of the roads, but considerably good drive is expected.

Lets make this happen guys !!!

6. royj

royj Esperto

Last week of December looks fine for me.
  7. omzworld

I will need to gift my wife something really crazy to convince!!
    But guess I will do that rather than miss this chance. Just hope no one in family is going to drop by at hat time.

I som much want t be part of this!
  8. Min 50 members has to be there to make this a grand success...

I am in...... :)
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am in if the meet is on weekend and if venue would be in Andhra (near Hydrabad). AP is quite closer than other states for me. :)
  10. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

If I see the map, Bangalore is centrally located in south india and easily accessible from all 5 states(Goa is also a state now).
    I feel there are no good places for such meets.
    I made some search on google maps and made a rough estimate of the distances as below.

Goa will be packed with people and expensive in December
    So Hampi or Mysore would be Ideal in my opinion.
    Guys put your thinking caps on and vote for any of these.
    Or give any better option if I've missed something.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.