1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SOUTH INDIA MEET @ Sept 15-16 OOTY - Report from Pg 60

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Nimish antony, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The tuscan wine you see on the video clip's face is mine.... hooray!

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Off-topic: But as far as i have seen, the holder mounted on to the windscreen blocks the cam les of the phone. how come you mounted it in such a way to record clips? maybe you mounted it face down on the holder?

Could you give a snapshot of the way it was mounted, when you get time?
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  2. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thank You shams for uploading this:clap

I didn't know my one wheel was in air:wow

Wish I had the T-Jet to conquer these corners. Atleast my exit would have looked more decent.

If there is anyway you can share the original copy of this clip please let me know.
    1 person likes this.
  3. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    cvanandh, Thanks for drive!!

Its a great honor to drive the 1962 Fiat millicento.I couldn't believe it is 6 decade (old)young car.

The way she ascend up the slope,so much torque available in the low rev range.

its Quite tricky to pilot this grand ma you know.clutch bites only at the end full release.In addition to that absence of hand break,tests our

driving skill.the most funny thing is that when you get halt in the middle of the slope with cars queuing behind SS.i need to rev in order to keep

the engine alive.Eventually i have to use heel to Toe method to climb the hill.Luckily, I have an experience in driving the MM540 jeep without

hand break with trailer weighing about a ton.

The way the door opens reminds me ROLLS ROYCE,though it is other way around.I cannot forget the plush ride,surprised when i bow down to

witness the leaf spring,so now you know how Italians mastered the art of ride/handling balance.This old soul has got Italian blood/DNA in it.

we traveled back the time,A pre-historic,a nostalogic one."THE SHOP" Photo is simply timeless,Thanks to Sathya_sc.

unbelievable, steering becomes light once the wheels gathers momentum.

after the ride,opened the bonnet.Its like a everything in place or place for everything.Mechanical interlock automatic switch brightens up the

engine bay when we opened the bonnet(though bulb was not connected). It is simple and lucid.You have acres of space to work with spanners

and tools.A thoughtful flawless design approach.on contrast bonnet hood weighs less like tin can build.

The place where photo shoot happens is a sudden downhill,where linea struggles to climb up.As i am failed twice getting kaygeefiat's linea out

of the compound.perhaps SS gracefully climbed in single attempt,speaks volumes of old school naturally aspirated high torque engine with rear

wheel drive.Climbing slope with turbo car is like beating a dead snake.

once again,Thanks cvanandh for the privilege drive.
    5 people like this.
  4. S10s revving up - Sorry for the bad camera work because of the 50mm lens, but you have the audio for listening pleasure :)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    5 people like this.
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Uploading some photos from my side. Couldn't participate in the photo shoot as I had to reach home back by evening

DSC_3591.jpg
    DSC_3620.jpg
    DSC_3630.jpg DSC_3652.jpg DSC_3655.jpg DSC_3676.jpg DSC_3680.jpg DSC_3696.jpg DSC_3700.jpg DSC_3723.JPG DSC_3732.jpg DSC_3742.jpg DSC_3757.jpg DSC_3778.jpg DSC_3792.jpg DSC_3804.jpg DSC_3822.jpg DSC_3827.jpg
    10 people like this.
  7. Some of the pics on our onward journey from bangalore to ooty...
    017.jpg
    028.jpg
    060.jpg
    067.jpg
    083.jpg
    097.jpg
    110.jpg
    121.jpg
    10 people like this.
  8. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    Her comes my Experience...

15-09-2012 00:45 hours
    I finished all the packing for a drive to Ooty. It was not the usual drive to ooty.
    IT WAS THE BIGGEST MEET IN TFI HISTORY
    I somehow gathered sleep just for the sake of it.

15-09-2012 04:45 hours

The Alarm on my phone rang and I sprung out of bed.
    Woke my wife up who reluctantly got up.

15-09-2012 05:15 hours
    I logged in to TFI website to see Sujith still indecisive :)
    Posted a comment and left. Only then did I realise that my ever-ready camera bag was not in my house.
    It was in my sister’s house. My friend who was supposed to come with me arrived on time and I went to my sister’s house.
    Picked my camera kit and we started.

DSC_5654.jpg
    Nice number to start with…

15-09-2012 06:15 hours
    I reached the meeting point. I was the last to reach the point to where I wanted to be the first.
    By that time all other 14 cars completed their fuel and air fills.
    I met all the regulars and also got introduced to all the new faces.
    New or old, the faces were gleaming with joy and their eyeballs reflecting only the beautiful image of puntos and lineas.
    Jayakrishnakola was named as the lead and we left toward Mysooru.
    Shams gave us some last minute instructions and informed us that the next stop would be at Adiga’s Maddur as planned.

DSC_5662.jpg
    The drive had started...

15-09-2012 07:35 hours

We reached Maddur Adiga’s. Sales manager from Prerana had come with his colleague till here.
    They sponsored our breakfast. :clap

DSC_0750.jpg
    Pitstop

DSC_5670.jpg
    Crispy

DSC_5671.jpg
    Filter Kaapi

15-09-2012 08:20 hours
    We had our stomachs filled and then it was time for a group photo.
    We bid goodbye to the prerana guys and their white Palio.
    I was worried about the Mandya bandh called because of the Cauvery river issue.
    We had decided to pass Mandya before 9AM since generally that’s when the actual protest starts and the usual itinerary of the protestors is to block this road.
    But we passed it without any problems whatsoever…
    It was then that I knew that “Nobody can spoil this mega meet”
    The next 1 hour was just a beauty feast to all the people on the road who were lucky enough to be there on that road at that time

15-09-2012 09:30 hours
    We assembled on the Mysooru Ring road for a small photo session and to admire the beauty.
    This drew attention of a police cop who enquired me what it was all about and when I told him the fact…he smiled and went away.
    Although he didn’t tell anything, his face told “CRAZY GUYS”

DSC_5692.jpg
    Mysooru

DSC_5695.jpg
    Welcome all

15-09-2012 10:15 hours
    We reached the designated meeting point where our Karnataka beauties were to meet the Andhra beauties

DSC_5706.jpg
    The 689 Sisters waiting for their Andhra cousins

15-09-2012 10:30 hours
    Here came the Andhra beauties…10 of them…they stood behind their sisters from Karnataka and boy! It was some sight.
    Somehow managed to fit all the 25 in one frame.

DSC_5708.jpg
    It was no less than a ramp

Enroute I added an additional horse power to my 1.2…the only 1.2 in the meet I guess :)

DSC_6099.jpg
    Additional HP

15-09-2012 12:00 hours

We stopped at Bandipur just before the forest starts at a restaurant.
    This stop was made just to help our family members refresh themselves.

DSC_5718.jpg
    Pitstop2

Just so that the restaurant guy doesn’t feel bad, I purchased some biscuits and mineral water :)
    From there we left and 5 minutes later, the forest guard stopped the lead car and gave them instructions:

NO PICNIC
    NO PARKING
    NO PHOTO
    NO LITTER

We decided to obey everything except the third one :)

Enroute we spotted some elephants, the usual spotted deer and one HUGE Bison.

DSC_5727.jpg
    Haathi mere saathi

DSC_5734.jpg
    Lamborghini

After 15kms, we reached the foothills and this board welcomed the Italian beauties.

DSC_5741.jpg

One by one all the Italian gals made it to the top hugging and caressing every one of the 36 curves.

DSC_5759.jpg
    Our hotel had put up these useful mirrors

15-09-2012 14:30 hours
    Almost all the cars invaded the resort and made the resort beautiful.
    The Tamilnadu and Kerala group were already present there and so all the hotties were together.
    The hotties must have increased the temperature of the resort by some degrees for sure.
    People checked in to their rooms, finished lunch and rested for some time.
    I went around clicking some photos.

DSC_5789.jpg
    Thats my gal

DSC_5797.jpg
    Love this colour

DSC_5799.jpg
    Me and my Babe

I went to do some homemade chocolate shopping and a small visit to the Botanical gardens.

15-09-2012 19:30 hours

The resort guys were trying hard to light up the camp-fire…they emptied a litre of kerosene to achieve that.

DSC_5822.jpg
    Shadows got longer

DSC_5879.jpg
    FE 1Litre

But it was something else that set up the camp on fire.
    THE S10 twins

DSC_5954.jpg
    Hot stars

DSC_5958.jpg
    The master

DSC_5960.jpg
    The heart

DSC_5966.jpg
    Italian Gene

The musical jugalbandi started and people were blessed to be part of the live concert
    When I was searching for words, one Fiatian present there aptly defined the feeling… “Pure Orgasm”
    Although the people were craving for more, the concert ended just to the disappointment of the people there.
    By this time all the fiatians got their T-shirts and everyone were proudly flaunting their “training trim” (assetto corse)

DSC_6028.jpg
    Racing Trim

DSC_6031.jpg
    All for the love of this

Now it was time for a show of strength…not in any parliament, but in the TFIan family.
    The people were grouped based on the states.
    9(AP)+15(TN)+16(KA)+23(KL)=63.
    Kerala guys had already won with those 2 S10s. There was no competition. The house adjourned :)
    All people introduced themselves and shared stories about them and their love for Fiat.

15-09-2012 21:30 hours
    It dinner time!!! People finished their dinner which had a decent spread of Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian items.

DSC_6007.jpg
    Art

DSC_6015.jpg
    Spoons...

DSC_6019.jpg
    ...and forks

After that some people partied while others slept.
    Whatever they did, everyone had the only one sound resonating in their ears...the sound of the S10s.

16-09-2012 08:30 hours
    I got up and got ready…looking forward to the sight of 63 Beauties together…nothing short of a miss-universe pageant.
    Finished my breakfast and got to know from shams that the photo shoot is at 10:30.
    Iwent around taking more pictures

DSC_6036.jpg
    The most common brands of the weekend

DSC_6041.jpg
    Together

DSC_6047.jpg
    Everyone had one

DSC_6089.jpg
    Evergreen meets modern

DSC_6092.jpg
    Liked this stripe

DSC_6100.jpg
    Designs we do

DSC_6101.jpg
    Untouched versus decorated

DSC_6105.jpg
    Clean it up

DSC_6108.jpg
    Nice umbrella

DSC_6124.jpg
    Signing an autograph...

DSC_6091.jpg
    ...masterstroke

DSC_6128.jpg
    Obliging for a snap

DSC_6132.jpg
    View attachment 29529
    Who's first?

16-09-2012 10:30 hours
    I took my car to the designated spot. Mine was the only car present.
    Hence I took some snaps and was waiting for more cars. But none came for some time.
    Then I decided to take my family around ooty.

DSC_6134.jpg
    The stage is beckoning

DSC_6138.jpg
    Go green

DSC_6141.jpg
    Beautiful

DSC_6142.jpg
    Bouquet

We drove to Doddabetta which Is the highest peak in the Nilgiris.
    It had 11 hair pin bends…the ones that my Italian beauty loves.
    After some snaps, I got down the hill and reached the hotel

DSC_6163.jpg
    Ooty

DSC_6169.jpg
    Me and my better half

16-09-2012 12:30 hours
    I was welcomed by this beautiful view of 48 Italian babes standing together.
    I gazed at the beautiful view of 47 modern beauties standing all round one eternal beauty.

DSC_6176.jpg
    Star Gazing

DSC_6179.jpg
    What a view

After this the only sound I heard was the sound of the camera shutters clicking.
    Snaps from all possible angles were covered and then it was time for some team work.

DSC_6196.jpg
    The stars

DSC_6188.jpg
    What a lineup

DSC_6184.jpg
    TFI Family

DSC_6202.jpg
    United!

Based on my request every Fiatian came forward for this one snap.
    This one snap showing everybody’s love for Fiat, team work and as someone mentioned above, as a mark of protest for separate service network :)
    All fiatians with the Fiat T-shirt (except Pran) came together in a formation of FIAT

DSC_6208.jpg
    It runs through our veins!

Like all good things come to an end, this meet also had to finish.
    People exchanged numbers, photos and memories and bid goodbye to Ooty.
    The biggest ever TFI meet had come to an end.

Blue punter’s and my car left towards Mysooru

DSC_6229.jpg
    Electric Blue

This time we decided to take the Gudalur route.

Enroute we also stopped at the Shooting medu and needle rock view point.

DSC_6243.jpg
    Shooting Medu

DSC_6272.jpg
    Shade(ows)

DSC_6275.jpg
    Path to the needle rock

DSC_6278.jpg
    Needle rock hill

DSC_6280.jpg
    Needle rock view point

Though it doesn’t have 36 hair pin curves, it was nice and curvy roads all through till Madhumalai forest.

DSC_6294.jpg
    Nilgiris...

DSC_6297.jpg
    White and Blue

16-09-2012 17:00 hours

We reached Gundlupet and everyone took different routes from there on.
    We had some snacks and headed towards Mysooru

16-09-2012 18:50 hours
    We decided to watch the Mysooru palace illumination...a beautiful closing ceremony to a beautiful 2 days.
    I parked my car at the parking lot and went inside the Palace to see the illumination after 15 minutes of soaking in the beauty.

DSC_0760.jpg
    Before Illumination

DSC_6322.jpg
    Incandecent Grandeur

DSC_6342.jpg
    Front View

DSC_6347.jpg
    Main Gate

I decided to drive up the chamundi hills and watch the palace illumination from atop the hills…a thing that I used to do often during my college days.
    In 15 minutes we reached 15kms with 8kms of hill climbing…after this wonderful drive, the view of the illuminated palace was more enjoyable.
    DSC_6378.jpg
    From atop the hills

DSC_6376.jpg
    My car's tail light is brighter than all those lights

After this, we went to some nostalgic places to have some chats and we filled ourselves with nice chats.

16-09-2012 20:50 hours
    I filled my Car’s tank with Shell unleaded Petrol, took some refreshments and left to Bangalore.
    In exactly 105 minutes my car was in the basement of my apartment parking lot and that finished my 646kms memorable trip.

Thanks to one and everyone who made this event a grand success.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    26 people like this.
  9. issac

issac Timido

Ernakulam
    On board video
    1 person likes this.
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Just in love with the pictures and you guys just Rock!

I m tempted to suggest a National meet in south india ...ooty to be precise ;)

Great going Team FIAT!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.