1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SOUTH INDIA MEET @ Sept 15-16 OOTY - Report from Pg 60

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Nimish antony, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puntojith

puntojith

Hyderabad
    It was wonderful meeting all you guys passionate about fiat. It was in fact a meeting of passion. When Ravi sir said that in 17 years of owning his previous car he had not attended any meet, my face was glowing. Here I am, just six months into my first car...my punto and already attending a south india meet! And already plans are being made for the India meet within the next few months!! Thank you guys for organizing this event. Thanks to everyone who put the smallest of effort to make the event a success.

Let me share a few pictures I clicked-

Sreekant besides his tuscan 90 hp-

IMG_3353.jpg

The stripes on the car-

IMG_3354.jpg

We stopped at a nice drive in for our breakfast-

IMG_3355.jpg

Vignesh's ride-

IMG_3358.jpg

At 11:30 in the morning we were a long way from Ooty. The NH7 is a driver's delight. We were cruising consistently at 130-140 kmph.

IMG_3371.jpg

Stopped in front of the ISKON temple in Anantpur.

IMG_3386.jpg

The ISKON temple-

IMG_3387.jpg

Stopped at ananthapur for some time. Then had our lunch and proceeded further.

IMG_3390.jpg

Entering Mudumalai tiger reserve from Bandipur. Many of the cars were stopped and checked for liquor I guess. Cars with ladies were let go immediately. I was.

IMG_3400.jpg

Waiting to climb the ghat section. It was a good idea to go in batches of about 5 cars. The ghat section had 36 nerve-wrecking hair pin bends. On hindsight, we did the right thing by taking this route. It was undoubtedly the most exciting part of the whole drive.

IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3459.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3483.jpg
    IMG_3484.jpg

IMG_3485.jpg

IMG_3487.jpg

IMG_3492.jpg

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3508.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

IMG_3527.jpg

IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3538.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg
    15 people like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Guys mind blowing photos. You guys really enjoyed.

Sorry to be offtopic and bit rude post

Why do we have Team FIAT Coimbtore or Kerala or any state specific or city specific teams. We are one and united, Let it be TEAM FIAT INDIA.
    3 people like this.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Nothing of that sort really Kedar, it's just that Ooty is Coimbatore turf and those guys did some immense work to get this meet going, so on behalf of all Kovai TFI'ans they welcomed us all. Hope you get the drift.

There is no seperate team, just one big Fiat team.
    11 people like this.
  4. I second Cinju's view that it was all too short. We needed 48 hours at least to absorb what was happening. Instead we got lesser than 18 hours, out of which, a good deal was lost to sleep! Next time, make it two days, full 48 hours. Yeah, will be tough to find leaves etc from the office, but That's US, right?

Though Cinju expressed it in a lighter vein, it is still a matter of concern for Fiatians. Next time, there should be something for the women as well, apart from being with the Fiatians and lazing around. Bringing them into our fold fully is important for the TFI meets to go on. If they get bored, regular members at the meet could decrease.
    1 person likes this.
  5. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    He he yeah! Want to know how solid Fiats are?
    1) Compare hatch/dickey/bonnet of Punto/Linea/Palio Stile with any competition - You got the answer
    2) Want more? Compare hatch/dickey/bonnet of GTX with any competition
    3) Not enough? Compare hatch/bonnet of Adventure with any competition or other Fiats also :p

Bust dickey struts of any car or Fiat you can live with, BUT NEVER for ADVENTURE. Life is nightmariesh when this happens :p

Thanks guys, yes my beast was a silent one hiding in one corner, it was a little ill. It will be at its best soon.

Which DVR is this? and what cost? Planning to get one for my SDX
    3 people like this.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sunil TN route was not that longer. I did around 200 kms extra due to a mis calculation & I had to take a different route to get back to my planned route.But running time was pretty less for me & less strain.
  7. Now this is the most important part!
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Check out the number plate... DSC_0850.jpg DSC_0851.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  9. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    WOW!!! Congratulations to everyone on this awesome meet.

Kiran
  10. 075.jpg
    076.jpg
    078.jpg

Guys I wanted to share an incident that happened while we were returning after attending the TFI South India meet from ooty.
    As soon as we crossed mudumalai forest area,we found many wildlife animals nearby,so as a wildlife enthusiast I didnt want to loose any opportunity to click pics,and here in the above pics,the small elephant got infuriated by my action,and he came charging towards our car,followed by his mother,what a scary moment it was..Luckily the car ignition was on,and though i tried to accelerate hard,but it takes time in the first gear,but still was able to get away to safety..and from that moment I never stopped the car even after entering Karnataka...I really was scared to death,just imagine the big elephant lifting our car and throwing it with its long powerful tusk,I would have been history,only in newspaper news maybe I would have featured...
    6 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.