1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SOUTH INDIA MEET @ Sept 15-16 OOTY - Report from Pg 60

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Nimish antony, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shams

shams Esperto

Anish 19 cars from TN totally not just from Chennai!
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

I wanted to join as soon as this thread was open, but couldn't make it as I have some work :( Will surely join alteast the next Chennai meet.

Enjoy Chennai guys! And Teky don forget to tell Ranjith that I'm spotting his Linea often :p
  3. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Happy journey guys... Have fun...
    :( very sad to miss the trip...
  4. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Hey Ravi, don't take it personally but I am not sure why this opinion prevails on various online forums about SH17.

Last time I drove here (I rode my RX quite a few times on this highway) was in June and I could easily maintain 100kmph of cruising speed. Ofcourse, inside towns (Ramanagara,Maddur, Mandya) one has to crawl and that is where most speed breakers are there. Atleast I didn't get surprised by any speed breaker in this stretch.

Maintaining safe distance is a point well made and so is the point about this highway not the place to test top speed.

Ok that apart, I am slightly worried about Mandya bandh. We really have to cross Mandya as early as possible which means no late start from Bengaluru.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    ^^ Nitin, it may also depend on individuals comfort as well. I have also driven in this stretch and it was a nightmare for me too. Too much of unmarked bumps and sometimes double and triple bumps too. As Ravi Ji suggested, as the team is driving as a convoy it is always better to maintain a safe distance and speed.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Chennai Team Update:

The team is running late. They are still around Sriperumbuthur. And they may break there for Dinner.
    5 people like this.
  6. Is Bangalore-Mysore SH17, I have seen a place where hump sign board is there and no humps on the road and another place no hump sign and two humps in that place. So driving in that road at 100 speed needs to be very careful and needs to look on the vehicle in front. This road needs to be careful for the first time users due to the speed breakers.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Most of the NHs or National Highways are speed breaker free or with very rare speed breakers. More so if its four lane and tolled. Usually State Highways or SHs are not four lane and have many speed breakers.

The Bangalore-Mysore State Highway is a four lane road so we tend to expect the same quality of roads as the NHs and that is where problem comes.

I personally have stopped taking the SH17 due to the presence of so many speed breakers. whenever I have to go in that direction I take NH209 even though its 2 lane.

J Ravi sir has pointed out the same thing and we need to be careful about it.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    All the luck guys,drive safe.
  9. I've just boarded my train to Coimbatore.

Team Kerala started from Cochin by 7pm and hence running late by 1 hr. They are 10 cars as of now.

Updates on other members from TN

Arvind - will join Chennai team tomorrow mornin at Perundurai

Rajesh K - will join at Mettupalayam

Below members will start from Coimbatore tomorrow morning with KL team:

Bullet - Linea
    Gautham - Linea
    Dr.Senthil - Punto
    Senthil Raj - Palio MJD
    Sathya - Palio MJD
    myself - Super Select
    mydad - Linea

So it will be 15 cars from TN
    4 people like this.
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    My Punto is ready at SC but could not take it before closing time, will get it by morning and start right away. So not joining the group from Bangalore. Will meet you all at Ooty
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.