1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SOUTH INDIA MEET @ Sept 15-16 OOTY - Report from Pg 60

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Nimish antony, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ thats nice sunil! keep us updated with mandya news :) !!
  2. I think we can check for some alternatives, like starting tomorrow morning itself and probably reach Coimbatore and stay there? (For that we need some confirmed accommodation where families can stay) I will reach EKM by tomorrow afternoon, we'll decide after that.

May be we can start at the planned time from Ekm on Saturday itself. Hartal will be a boon - roads will be almost empty! :)
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Political unrest in Mandya
    Diesel price hike
    Bandh has been announced in Kerala on 15th

Looks like it's going to be the spiciest meet we've ever had. In-spite of all the odds I wish this becomes a big success.

Our in-house intelligence reporter linelover has reported that VW is doing all this because of the Das Vibrator & TFI meet thread :D
    6 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Some points from me for the Chennai folks

- Plan to go beyond Chengleput before 6PM otherwise it would be major pain since it is Friday evening.

- For Salem, you need to take right at about 2 kms after the Ulundurpet Toll.

- From Ulundurpet till Salem, it is 4 Laned but all the bypasses (Ulundurpet, Kallakurichi, Thalaivasal, Attur, Vazhapadi) are 2 Laned (that is how it is planned). 4L becoming 2L is not marked or intimated anywhere. Be careful, since you are driving after the daylight.

- The road work is completely done from Ulundurpet-Attur. From Attur till Salem, the work is on and there are few major diversion where you will have unmarked speed breakers. Be careful about it.

- New Salem bypass is not ready and you have to enter Ayodhyapattinam (towards Salem City) from the highway. This is not at all marked and if you miss it, then you will hit a dead end on the highway.

- Take the old Salem bypass which comes just after Udayapatti on the left hand side (and just before a HP pump). This will take you directly to the Salem-Coimbatore Highway.

For Dinner, you guys have options at the following places.

- Aryaas, Villupuram. Comes on the left side.

- A2B, Ulundurpet - Ample car parking but is on the other side of the road. Even if you miss to take U-Turn, take the U before the Ulundurpet Toll and come back. Its not very far from the Toll. I guess this is what has been planned for the Dinner.

- Aryaas, Ulundurpet - Just after the toll and comes on the left side itself.
  5. If the roads be empty, 33.33% of the purpose will be defeated. a lot of beauty goes wasted without the public eye.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you are planning to stay in CBE, I recommend Hotel City tower (Hotel City Tower - Tower of Taste) or Hotel Aswini Deluxe.
    3 people like this.
  7. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    hyd guys while ur using the outer ring road from hebbal to come to nice road theres a railway track level crossing i think. u might get struck there. and if police catch u ucan still say that ur from hyd headding towards ooty and u can show him ur toll slips. and if he still insists its a 100 rs fine.
    1 person likes this.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Just heard from Rajesh who did this route couple of hours back that road conditions aren't that great only for 30Km's which includes about 10-12 speed breakers and the diversions are unmarked. He has given the exact co-ordinates so we should be able to pass this through.
  9. So someone please update on the Kerala team's plans? Hope we will start from Ekm by Friday evening (around 6 ish?) and reach Cmbtr for night stay? Heard Nimish is trying to arrange stays there, is that right?

Ooty won't that cold it seems
    ooty3.jpg
    2 people like this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Isnt it a better option to come via krishnagiri since:
    1. it ll be four lane throughout
    2. its night time
    3. its less than 20 kms extra
    1 person likes this.