1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SOUTH INDIA MEET @ Sept 15-16 OOTY - Report from Pg 60

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Nimish antony, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Should'nt be a problem on a Saturday morning. No one knows when they will remember this ban, so do be a bit sedate within CBE.
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    The South India Meet has already begun!!!!! :clapping

Sreekanthksv from Rajahmundry has already started and is only few kms away from Hyderabad. He will join Hyderbad team which would start tomorrow morning for Ooty.
    12 people like this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Today's Times Of India [Bangalore edition] reported the following:

Roadblock.jpg

Article Window
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Just traced that route and it's 1293 Km's man - Hats off to Sreekanth, It should be a really tiring drive but appreciate his passion. Fiat are you listening - Stop launching Absolute edition, leverage your fan base and you should be good!
    5 people like this.
  5. just got my sunfilms removed for the trip...
    2 people like this.
  6. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    seems lot of dropout at last moment!!!

when we had a mega chennai meet.i had a severe viral fever combined with body pain.

just started from madurai,after munching miles things were restoring.

when i completed 500 Km,fever gone for ever when we met legend J.Ravi sir.

have positive vibe,drive the vibrant Fiat.
    1 person likes this.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    A couple of us (or More) from hyderabad have Sunfilms ON. What is the possibility that we get stopped?

We'll Hit Bangalore at around 5 in the Evening, won't get into the city. Will take the ORR from Hebbal and get onto the NICE road and towards Mysore. Mysore- we'll go there in the dark. and get out early in the morning.

I donno why Cops are making such a big scene in KA when no one is bothered about sunfilms here in Hyd.
    2 people like this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can claim that you are from AP,and no cops in AP bother about this sun films .... show them toll receipts proving that you are tourist,this helps.
    Better to roll down the glasss in such cases.

same incidence happened to when i was caught by AP traffic police regarding my number plate,i argued with them that maharashtra police are not having any problem why you people ? and cant keep number plates for MH,KA,AP etc etc seperately,then shamelessly he asked me ----- gave him 20 rupeeess :X
  9. Hey, my dad-in-law told me tat his colleague was charged 4k for the sunfilms. the kerala police reasoned with it saying that it was 1000 bucks for each glass! he had to pay up, in the end. i didnt want to risk the same, so got them off today morning for 250 bucks at a local shop.

and as for the dropouts, i guess it happens. last time i had planned everything for the athirapally meet, and one of my close cousins came up with this surprise wedding, we got to know only a week before, and i had to cancel my trip. i would prefer the trip ahead of weddings, but what to do, had to give in to family pressures. this time, i had to confirm my availability cent percent, so first thing i did was to call up relatives to make sure nothing like that comes up.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    100%. My Linea was stopped by Pondicherry cops on the outskirts on 3 Aug 2012 morning. The PSI asked me, 'Don't you know that Supreme Court has banned sun film?' to which I replied by asking him to please show even 1 sq inch of sun film anywhere in my car. He came, saw, profusely apologised ['sorry, it looked dark from the distance!'], shook hands with me and requested me to go without any monetary transaction.
    5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.