1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SOUTH INDIA MEET @ Sept 15-16 OOTY - Report from Pg 60

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Nimish antony, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinju, its gonna be approx 35-38 cars (TN+KL). We can split into groups of 5 or 6 at Mettupalayam and proceed to avoid jams. AP & KA teams will be climbing in a diff route.

Plan for Coimbatore

Coimbatore team, we shall meet at Hotel Annapoorna, opp to the Coimbatore Courts by 7:30 am for breakfast and then start from there to Annur. We should reach Annur by 9 inorder to meet with the Chennai team.

Route directions for KL team

Just spoke to Nimish regarding the route to be taken. Please follow the below and let me know if any doubts on the same.

Palakkad-Walayar-Madukkarai-Ukkadam-Ukkadam Bypass-Lakshmi Mills-Peelamedu-Kalapatti-Annur-Mettupalayam-Kotagiri-Ooty.

The below link has directions from Walayar to Mettupalayam.

NH 544 to SH 15 - Google Maps

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.co.in/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=NH+544&daddr=10.90213,76.94116+to:10.987697,76.9613052+to:Ukkadam+-+Sungam+Bypass+Rd+to:Kalapatti+Rd+to:Mettupalayam+To+Annur+Rd+to:SH+15&hl=en&geocode=FYSZpQAd2oeUBA%3BFXJapgAdaAeWBCnpIvVTFVuoOzFckOYnTPN-2A%3BFbGopwAdGVaWBClTgOJKdFmoOzGHkQnwaP-xAg%3BFSSzpwAdNn2WBA%3BFeoIqQAd2H2XBA%3BFeZnqwAdrXWYBA%3BFTmxrAAdtuWVBA&aq=0&oq=walayar&sll=10.84633,76.851468&sspn=0.022634,0.038581&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=15&via=1,2&ie=UTF8&ll=10.84633,76.851468&spn=0.022634,0.038581&t=m&output=embed"></iframe>
    <small>View Larger Map</small>
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
    3 people like this.
  2. I would be happy if it an illusion because I don't want the most sensitive feature of the car to be repaired. If these guys touch it then I am sure the precision will be hit, even marginally would be bothering me throughout the ownership. I gave the car for Dent removal only because I am attending the Ooty meet and I don't want my car to look odd during the meet. I don't know what these guys did to my car.
  3. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Anybody planning to start returning by Sunday afternoon? i have to be back to office on Monday morning... Hope most of us will be on same situation... any plans?
    I know Srini will also be on same stage.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  4. JayD

I know everyone will have work, but i would suggest, try and start earlier, if possible.
    Vandalur junction and surrounding areas will be extremely blocked on a friday evening, and this can significantly delay your start, and lead to fatigue setting in very early into the drive..
  5. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

@teky: Finally the chennai plan :D Thanks a lot for all the time you guys spent inspite of you being busy.

I plan to leave in the afternoon as well.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Since I will be coming from salem, at what time should I report at perundurai on saturday morning..?? And anyone starting from salem..??:confused:
  7. Aravindh, please plan to reach hotel Chennis at Perundurai by 7:30 am so that you can join the Chennai team for breakfast and start with them.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

So what's in this?
  9. Chocolates that you brought for me and other team members from Aus :D

10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Got neck pain seeing this picture teky. I am tilting it now.
    Are thse gifts that will be given out to the winners of the Surprise Competition during the meet? :D

6 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.