1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SOUTH INDIA MEET @ Sept 15-16 OOTY - Report from Pg 60

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Nimish antony, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LineaDriver

LineaDriver Novizio

Kerala Team :

The route plan from Kochi to Ooty was altered as below considering the road surface conditions after the recent rains and land slides. Now we will be starting from JN Stadium, Kochi and go via Trichur, Shornur, Palghat, Coimbatore, Mettupalayam, Coonoor to Ooty.

Breakfast will be at Hotel Arya Bhavan, NH47, Chandra Nagar, Palghat, which is just after the Chandra Nagar Jn in NH47 on the right side when you come from Shornur, near to HDFC bank.

Google Map : https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?vps...d=200882186190015093233.0004c944d94a528ad11be

Reminding you all once again,

1. Reporting time is 5AM and the drive will start at 5.30AM
    2. Carry all vehicle documents.
    3. Fill fuel on the previous day itself.
    4. Carry enough drinking water and if needed buiscuits/snacks in your car.
    5. Drive responsibly.

Happy Journey!
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

:eek:fftopic Very valid point theblack. Even I was about to suggest the same. But to get performance out of iridium plugs I heard that we need to add one more thing to the electricals (not sure of the name). But adding iridium plugs alone can bring improvement in this case. Let the experts comment.
  3. I have used NGK iridium plugs, my Zen still has iridium plug you don't need any additional modification but I have seen some folks adding high capacity ignition coils to get stronger spark.
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ignition coil need not be changed when adding idirium plugs, just the spark plug wire to supply current is changed . Its available for around 500 per wire. It can make a lot of diff in cars, but in bike, the feeling is just psychological!!

So the date is near, wish you all a safe drive. sad that i couldnt join, we ll meet next time for sure :) bring us lots of SLR pics for visual satisfaction ! What hapened to the Tee shirt, i m not seeing any update regarding that here now !!?
  5. Since you are coming via coimbatore, please let me know on your planned arrival time in Coimbatore so that KL & CBE teams can leave from Coimbatore together and club with the rest of TN team at Annur. Also, due to road conditions, I'd suggest we take Coimbatore-Annur-Mettupalayam-Kotagiri-Ooty.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Thx guys, but the problem that I'm facing is that we are not able to remove the existing ones :p. Maybe we should stop this :eek:fftopic discussion in here and if interested, can continue in here And it's time for another FIAT in my life! Its a 1962 Super Select.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Here we go. The below is the final count:

1 Kiran
    2 Sreejith
    3 VJ
    4 Prasanna
    5 Sagar
    6 Bose Suman
    7 Nanda Kishore
    8 Sreekanth

9 shams
    10 jayakrishnakola
    11 Pran
    12 NitinGirish
    13 Joe Francis
    14 Fiat-Yamaha (Sunil)
    15 J Ravi
    16 saurav
    17 Puntom (Hemanth)
    18 tganesh
    19 Praveen Raj Patten
    20 funkykar (Karthik)
    21 Santhosh
    22 Arnab
    23 Omkar

24 Cinjith
    25 Sunil.T.G
    26 Nimish
    27 Biju
    28 mathew
    29 Tom
    30 Rahul 24
    31 Kiran Rajan
    32 Shinju
    33 Thomas
    34 Reny
    35 Romi
    36 Varun
    37 Jithin
    38 Dr Sonu
    39 Jayadev
    40 Suni Mon
    41 Rebin Sunny
    42 Dr.Asim
    +Media Personnel

43 cvanandh+Makesh+Vignesh
    44 goabaskar
    45 Bullet
    46 senthilraj
    47 srida
    48 Flywheel
    49 KayGeeFiat
    50 eNVe
    51 srini
    52 Sathya_sc + Linealover
    53 Vijays777
    54 Aravindh_VK
    55 nskumar
    56 pdranjith
    57 teky
    58 Gautham
    59 RajeshKarunanithi
    60 SureshKumar (Rajesh's uncle in his Linea)
    61 Venkatachalam (My dad in his Linea)

It's gonna be 61 FIAT's :dancing

And a total of 70 rooms is the requirement and the same has been confirmed at the hotel.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
    13 people like this.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai Plan

After having spoke to Chennai folks on their plans here's what we've decided.

The route we'll be taking is Chennai -> Villupuram -> Salem -> Perundurai -> Annur -> Ooty with halt at Hotel Chennis, Perundurai.

We'll leave from Chennai Vandalur meeting point by 5.00 PM in the evening. I'm putting up a screenshot of the location, this is the service road on the NH-45 just past the Vandalur Zoo junction. There should enough parking space down this service lane and if not please push forward within the service lane and you should be able to park.
    Assemble Point.jpg

It's highly important we start at this time because we want to reach our next destination before mid-night so that we can take adequate rest before starting in the morning to Ooty. Vandalur to Perundurai is about 392 Km's which should be do-able with a break.

We'll be stopping over for Dinner at A2B near Ulundurpettai at Sengurichi BP Petrol Station. Attaching a screen grab, we'll have to make a U-Turn in order to reach this and we got to be vigilant not to miss this turn. There are sign boards in advance indicating the same.

Dinner Location.jpg

We'll be halting at Hotel Chennis, Perundurai within SIPCOT area for Night and planning to start our Morning drive to Ooty by 8.00 in the Morning. The route is via Annur where we will be teaming up with Kerala and Coimbatore folks to start our climb uphill.

There are plans to stop just after the Kothagiri road diversion for a photo shoot and we will continue to climb the Ghats. Please refrain from overtaking our team cars in the Ghats and continue to stick to lane.

Please prepare your car for the drive including fuel, air including spare tyre and check all the fluid levels. Please stick to safe speed limits and follow the convoy. If you've any questions/concerns please contact myself/linealover/cvanandh.
    2 people like this.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Teky hope this teaming up & driving uphill wont create any traffic issues en route because we are talking about 61 cars teaming up & one would surely try to keep trail of the other. I think we can consider grouping cars for the uphill drive.
    1 person likes this.
  8. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Yipeeee, finally Chennai plan is here...
    Add Camera to your checklist, this is going to be the biggest event ever in TFI...
  9. My participation to the meet is in a Doubt.
    I gave my car for to TAFE Body Shop last saturday for removing the Dents and scratches on the door and runner board. Got it delivered yesterday. After that, the car feels unsafe to drive. Excessive body roll and the steering wheel is scarily light. Too much of ply. I thought, since I didnt drive the car for 4 days, I am feeling that and it is just a matter of getting used to but it is not. On straight line the steering swings left and right. unable to hold it straight. Also the ride has become shaky. For every uneven surface on the road, the car swings sidewards. I thought I can manage, but when I tested on a highway, it is when the behavior scared the hell out of me. Just normal lane change is tough and cannot be done without braking, I cudn't imagine my usual highway driving style. Even at 40 or 50 KMPH, the car is unsettled on straight line, kinda See Saw left - right - left. I am really worried by this behavior which doesn't belong to FIAT. I am wondering, how did this change when the car is given for Dent removal. My friend drove the car and he too confirmed that. With only two more days for the meet, I really have no idea of what to do. Also I have no time to take the car till Saturday. Will talk to the service guys and update the thread.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

There wouldn't be 61 cars Cinju, Because it's only Team TN & Kerala on this route. Although we can probably break into two considering the ghat sections, however the Kothagiri road is really wide and can easily accommodate the number of cars we're talking about here.

@Srida - I don't think Body shop work for runner board can make all this happen, I would suggest you take the car to TAFE and check the alignment. Also I would think it's rather an illusion more than the car itself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.