1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SOUTH INDIA MEET @ Sept 15-16 OOTY - Report from Pg 60

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Nimish antony, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    +1 for that.

Best bet would be to leave Chennai by 4 PM so that we can be in Salem by 10 PM, get a good nights rest and start early (before 6 AM) for Ooty. I guess it takes about 5 hrs from Salem to Ooty? so that we can be in Ooty by 12 PM max.

As for me -I'd be travelling next week and hope to get back by Friday in which case I can definitely (and prefer to) start on Friday late afternoon.
  2. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    ok bangalore guys,

6:00 am assemling at hp petrol pump after nice road just after you take the left into mysore road. every one make sure you are there by 5:45 and max by 6:00.

7:30 or 7:45 we shall stop for breakfast in kamath hotel that comes on the left hand side.( anyone who has been on that road can tell that exact location. if any of you know another location feel free to tell.)

9~9:30 we reach mysore.

10:00 am we meet hyd guys.( we meet them near HABIB industries that comes after you get into mysore ooty road after you cross mysore. the road there is a single road with two lanes but has lots of space on either sides and we can get down the road park all our cars in one big line. we donot waste time there. we will just get to know each other and leave ASAP)

10:15~10:20 we leave mysore.

11:30~11:45 we reach hotel bandipur just before bandipur forest starts.(this is only for refreshment considering we will be travelling with ladies too.....)

1:30~2:00 we reach ooty near pony needle factory that comes as soon as u reach ooty.

2:00~2:20 we reach our hotel and have food......

---------- Post added at 05:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

hyd guys by 10:00am make sure you guys are near the bang-hyd meeting point on the mysore ooty road. the location is just after you cross the mysore international airport, find a place below trees to park lots of cars in one straight line. just below 1~1.5 kms after the airport on the highway itself.......
    6 people like this.
  3. Any update on T-Shirt and Sticker for meet. Didn't see any finalized display for those.
  4. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    150 Tshirts are getting ready. So dont worry.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Guys Cochin witnessed a tragic state of affairs today 9th Sept. We had a super car drive titled "Petes Super Car Sunday" where exotics had a drive to athriapally. The same place where the all kerala Team Fiat meet took place. Reckless driving and lack of negotiating corners saw the downfall of a precious BMW M3. I am not sure if i should post it here but its done to show that we are having an event of a lifetime and in no way should we get carried away in a convoy event and race. We have the best suspension in the segment but lets not get carried away and learn from others mistakes. 564739_222975231164318_1715275846_n.jpg
    10 people like this.
  6. The car is totalled,any info on the survivors??any guess at what speeds the accident occured that the car is in such a bad state?
  7. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    overtook at a blind corner at a high speed. The car was driven by the service manager of BM and not by the customer. So now thats total loss. No causalities 557405_222974911164350_1933687042_n.jpg 310441_222938411168000_78505162_n.jpg
    2 people like this.
  8. LineaDriver

LineaDriver Novizio

KL-07
    We are off topic here, I can't help but ask this question. Will they get insurence, if they have not taken it specifically to cover an organised event? I mean if they have taken something like rally cover insurence for the event?
  9. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    12 super cars from a lambo gallardo, ferrari modena, Porche boxter, Audi R8, RR,Bently and BMs were all a part of the event. The driver was indeed over confident and just forgot to take a curve which resulted in the loss of this beauty.

pace car was speeding at speeds of 270 plus and others were trying to catch up with the pace car as i just spoke to those who took a part.

The lesson we learnt from this is that group driving dynamics are different from normal driving at hi speeds. One car brakes at hi speeds and the rest get hurt too. So let us all know that we should never get carried away and maintain our own speed limits irrespective of the the cars in front of us.
    Maintain a safe distance with each other, dont overtake at blind curves, maintain the correct gear while cornering at hi speeds, respect the road manners and we are not in a hurry.
    All members will be given a briefing by the respective state head and please follow lane discipline. Fiat is known to produce safe cars and safe drivers. Lets live up to the level which we are all known for.
    7 people like this.
  10. Nice to see a TeamFiat meeting happening near my hometown Coimbatore. Wish I was there at this time. Happy meet guys and come up with loads of pics
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.